Senior Accountant-International Transactions
Manages international transactions and payments related to missionary compensation and benefits
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process quarterly appropriation payments including setting up appropriation worksheets, tracking payments and correspondence related to appropriations.
- Process vendor invoices, ACH and check requests that require international payments or special project management.
- Manage instructions and requests from Area Directors, Area Assistants, Missionaries and National leaders to insure timely processing of payments within authorized limits.
- Manage vendor information and recurring vendor invoices for international payments.
- Assists with the opening and processing of daily money mail and deposits
- Analyzes special project activity to communicate available balances by restriction
- Manages partnership building balances and processes requests for disbursements for partnership building expenses
- Communicates additions and changes to missionary payroll to the Finance Accounting Assistant for such items as missionary children education payments and field housing.
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts assigned by the Director of Finance at least monthly
- Annually participates in the preparation of schedules and documentation required by the audit.
- Performs other tasks and reconciliations assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Maintain annual country and field wire transfer documentation files
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES/SKILLS
- Minimum education requirement – bachelor’s degree in a finance related field, e.g. accounting, finance, business management, international finance
- Must have excellent communication skills, and desire to work in team environment
- Position requires knowledge of double entry bookkeeping.
- Must be able to prioritize assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
- Position requires accurate data entry and record analysis skills.
- Must have math skills sufficient to create equations needed to calculate desired outcomes in spreadsheet applications.
- Proficiency with a ten-key calculator and standard keyboard
- Experience with computerized accounting systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Word or similar software.
- Proficiency with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge desired
- Desire to improve skills and professionalism are expectations of the job
Interested individuals should submit a resume, statement of faith, and complete an online application at: http://fmcusa.org/hr/employment-application.