Senior Accountant-International Transactions
Manages international transactions and payments related to missionary compensation and benefits
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process quarterly appropriation payments including setting up appropriation worksheets, tracking payments and correspondence related to appropriations.
- Process vendor invoices, ACH and check requests that require international payments or special project management.
- Manage instructions and requests from Area Directors, Area Assistants, Missionaries and National leaders to insure timely processing of payments within authorized limits.
- Manage vendor information and recurring vendor invoices for international payments.
- Assists with the opening and processing of daily money mail and deposits
- Analyzes special project activity to communicate available balances by restriction
- Manages partnership building balances and processes requests for disbursements for partnership building expenses
- Communicates additions and changes to missionary payroll to the Finance Accounting Assistant for such items as missionary children education payments and field housing.
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts assigned by the Director of Finance at least monthly
- Annually participates in the preparation of schedules and documentation required by the audit.
- Performs other tasks and reconciliations assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Maintain annual country and field wire transfer documentation files
QUALIFICATIONS AND DEMONSTRATED ABILITIES/SKILLS
- Minimum education requirement – bachelor’s degree in a finance related field, e.g. accounting, finance, business management, international finance
- Must have excellent communication skills, and desire to work in team environment
- Position requires knowledge of double entry bookkeeping.
- Must be able to prioritize assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
- Position requires accurate data entry and record analysis skills.
- Must have math skills sufficient to create equations needed to calculate desired outcomes in spreadsheet applications.
- Proficiency with a ten-key calculator and standard keyboard
- Experience with computerized accounting systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with Microsoft Word or similar software.
- Proficiency with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge desired
- Desire to improve skills and professionalism are expectations of the job
Interested individuals should submit a resume, statement of faith, and complete an online application at: http://fmcusa.org/hr/employment-application.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Accounting ClerkCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 27
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Accounting ManagerFirst Baptist Church Atlanta
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 3
Free Methodist Church - USA
The Free Methodist Church - USA World Ministries Center is a support and resource center for the denomination. From supporting and caring for missionaries aboard in our World Missions department, to caring for children internationally with our International Child Care Ministries sponsorship program, and providing resources for the local church and supporting our pastors as they spread the good news of Jesus, all the departments exist to serve God's people. Our website is FMCUSA.org. More...