Job Title: Medical Assistant
Facility: McMahon Orthopedic & Rehabilitation, LLC (MORe)
Location: 2100 Jane Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 with offices also at 1082 Bower Hill Rd Pittsburgh, PA USA 15243 and 3928 Washington Rd, McMurray, PA USA 15317
We have an opportunity available for a Medical Assistant. If you are passionate about patient care and looking for a career that offers great benefits and plenty of room for growth, we invite you to explore this opportunity today!
- Obtain lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
- Complete forms/requisitions as needed.
- Schedule appointments.
- Verify insurance coverage and patient demographics.
- Prepare and manage charts to ensure information completed and filed appropriately.
- Other front office responsibilities, as required.
- Manage inventory of supplies including durable medical equipment; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Check schedules and organizing patient flow.
- Accompany patients to exam/procedure room.
- Relay instructions to patients/families.
- Answering calls and providing pertinent information including patient education as directed.
- Document patient information into the medical record.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA, PA Department of Health).
- Maintain strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data.
- Other back office responsibilities, as required.
- Comply with all MORe policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of medical terminology, examination, diagnostic and treatment room responsibilities.
- Eligibility for or completion of Medical Assistant Certification examination.
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
- Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation