Grace Christian Academy of Maryland is a unique educational family of over 330 students from Pre-K through high school located in beautiful Southern Maryland not far from the outskirts of Washington, D.C. The Mission of Grace Christian Academy (GCA) is
to provide academic excellence from a biblical perspective in order to develop servant leaders of all walks of life who live and love like Jesus Christ.
GCA takes very seriously its role in training students with a distinctly Christian approach. From pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade, we integrate Biblical truth into the entire curriculum. We believe God wants us to love Him with our mind, as well
as with our heart, soul and strength.
The Director of GCA will be thoroughly committed to the vision and mission of GCA. A candidate will most likely come from a leadership position in the Christian education world (school administrator) but could also have demonstrated Christ-like skillful
leadership in a church that operates a school, or business positons that required organizational leadership similar to the Christian school context, or some combination of the above. He or she will possess the following:
- Educational management theory and practice
- Financial oversight principles - knows how to read financial statements and manage accordingly
- Understands how to work for and with a governing board
- Minimum education requirements include a Master's Degree in educational administration/supervision or
- Has at least three (3) years experience in educational administration
- Communicates persuasively and passionately with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop and utilize marketing methodology to enhance the brand recognition of an
organization within a community
- Has demonstrated the skill of compelling communication that inspires generosity. A proven fundraiser
- Inspires confidence with integrity, honesty and a positive attitude
- Has an empowering, servant leadership management style, able to build consensus energizing both
staff and community
- Ability to relate to various different groups of people crucial to success in a Christian school...students,
parents, teachers, board, etc.
- Possess a healthy amount of self-awareness, knowing one's own strengths and weaknesses and how
one is perceived by others. Seeks personal feedback.
The seach committee will accept resumes until December 31, 2015. For further information (to include a full position description) or to apply for this position, please email: