Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Home Office Services
Location: ABWE Headquarters, Harrisburg PA
Job Type: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-exempt
Supervisor: Vice President of Home Office Services
Mission/Vision: To make disciples among every people group on earth by sharing the story of hope we in Jesus Christ, building communities of faith and serving the world with love.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Home Office Services provides administrative support to the Vice President of Home Office Services and plays a key role in keeping the business operations/activities organized,
on track, and moving forward for the Vice President of Home Office Services and his teams (including: Communications, Human Resources, Information Technology, Guest Services/Food Services, and Facilities). This position requires well-developed organizational,
follow-through, and communication skills. This is a full-time position located at ABWE Headquarters in Harrisburg, PA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the Vice President of Home Office Services including: responding to telephone calls and emails, managing the VP of Home Office Services’ calendar and coordinating scheduling needs; organizing event details;
preparing documents for meetings and presentations; obtaining signatures; and preparing correspondence for the Vice President of Home Office Services that is often times confidential.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows-up on issues and concerns addressed to the Vice President of Home Office Services and/or his team including those of sensitive or confidential nature.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Vice President of Home Office Services’ office and other departments.
• Assists in a variety of administrative tasks for the VP of Home Office Service’s various departments which include Communications, Human Resources, Information Technology, Guest Services/Food Services, and Facilities.
• Manages meeting room preparations, meals, IT needs, etc. for meetings organized by the Vice President of Home Office Services.
• Maintains relevant files and records.
• Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by the Vice President of Home Office Services.
• Education: Must have high school diploma or GED, some college business-related courses, Associate’s degree preferred.
• Minimum Prior Experience Required: At least one to two years of administrative assistant experience or two years of experience in a related field/capacity.
• Certification/Licensure Required: None.
• Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ.
• Excellent written communication skills including proofreading and editing skills.
• Strong computer skills including intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PPT
• Detail-oriented and organized. Exhibits great time management.
• Strong relationship skills including excellent telephone etiquette.
• Able to maintain information and documents that are highly confidential in nature.
• Takes initiative and anticipates needs.
• Energetic and detail oriented.
• Able to work alone or in a team environment.
• Exhibits sound judgment.
Christian Life: As an employee of ABWE you are an important member of a Christian organization. All staff members are Christian missionaries and are required to participate in chapel services. Because of the nature of our ministry it is absolutely
necessary that you possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach.
All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local, like-minded church.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE's mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be a participant in morning staff prayer time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including long periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar
jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee
is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate
to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Updated October 2015
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: In order to be considered for this position, do not apply through this website. Please send the following items to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, include your name and the position.
• Resume and cover letter
• One-page testimony including the name of your local church
• Salary requirements
Visit www.abwe.org/jobs for more information.
ABOUT ABWE: ABWE was founded in 1927 as a ministry dedicated to fulfilling the command of Christ by sending out missionaries to take the good news of salvation to the ends of the earth.
Dr. Raphael Thomas, a graduate of Harvard Medical College, heard D.L. Moody challenge students to obey the command of Christ to take the gospel to every ethnic group. He committed his life to that cause and became ABWE’s first missionary.
Through the years, ABWE has partnered with more than 4,000 like-minded, baptistic churches to serve 1,000 missionaries serving in more than 60 countries around the world. Our International Administration and Training Center located near Harrisburg, PA employs
close to 100 full-time and part-time staff members.