Job Title: Administrative Assistant to the Executive Directors for Africa and North America
Department: Global Operations
Location: ABWE Headquarters, Harrisburg PA
Job Type: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-exempt
Supervisor: Executive Director for Africa; Executive Director for North America
Mission/Vision: To make disciples among every people group on earth by sharing the story of hope we in Jesus Christ, building communities of faith and serving the world with love.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant to the Executive Directors for Africa and North America has a unique opportunity to see what God is diong around the world by serving as the first point of contact for ABWE missionaries serving in Africa
and Northa America. The administrative assistant plays a key role in keeping the missionary administration operations and activities organized, on track, and moving forward. This position requires well-developed organizational, follow-through, and communication
skills. This is a full-time position located at ABWE Headquarters in Harrisburg, PA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• 35% - Completes a variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Directors for Africa and North America including: managing their calendars, coordinating their scheduling needs; sending emails as directed; answering incoming telephone calls, opening
& distributing mail, obtaining signatures, organizing travel and agendas; and preparing and proofing documents/media for meetings and presentations.
• 20% - Serves as the first point of contact for ABWE missionaries serving in Africa and North America and provides a bridge for smooth communication between the missionaries and other departments.
• 20% - Maintains relevant files and database records for missionaries serving in Africa and North America.
• 15% - Assists the Executive Director(s) in planning for events including coordinating the agenda for meetings, reserving conference rooms, meals, IT needs, and taking minutes.
• 5% - Designs and coordinates project/fundraising newsletters.
• 5% - Serves as a telephone coverage for the Global Operations Team.
• Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
• Education: Must have high school diploma or GED, Associate’s degree preferred.
• Minimum Prior Experience Required: At least one to two years of administrative assistant experience or two years of experience in a related field/capacity.
• Certification/Licensure Required: None.
• Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ.
• Excellent written communication skills including proofreading and editing skills.
• Strong computer skills including intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PPT
• Detail-oriented and organized. Exhibits great time management.
• Strong relationship skills including excellent telephone etiquette.
• Able to maintain information and documents that are highly confidential in nature.
• Takes initiative and anticipates needs.
• Energetic and detail oriented.
• Able to work alone or in a team environment.
• Exhibits sound judgment.
Christian Life: As an employee of ABWE you are an important member of a Christian organization. All staff members are Christian missionaries and are required to participate in chapel services. Because of the nature of our ministry it is absolutely
necessary that you possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach.
All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local, like-minded church.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE's mission, vision, core values, doctrinal statement, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be a participant in morning staff prayer time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations, including long periods of time sitting at a desk. The work environment is representative and typical of similar
jobs in comparable organizations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee
is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a moderate
to high noise level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Updated October 2015
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: In order to be considered for this position, do not apply through this website. Please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, include your name and the position.
• Resume and cover letter
• One-page testimony including the name of your local church
• Salary requirements
Visit www.abwe.org/jobs for more information.
ABOUT ABWE: ABWE was founded in 1927 as a ministry dedicated to fulfilling the command of Christ by sending out missionaries to take the good news of salvation to the ends of the earth.
Dr. Raphael Thomas, a graduate of Harvard Medical College, heard D.L. Moody challenge students to obey the command of Christ to take the gospel to every ethnic group. He committed his life to that cause and became ABWE’s first missionary.
Through the years, ABWE has partnered with more than 4,000 like-minded, baptistic churches to serve 1,000 missionaries serving in more than 60 countries around the world. Our International Administration and Training Center located near Harrisburg, PA employs
close to 100 full-time and part-time staff members.