Ministry Risk Management, a multi-state insurance agency specializing in church and ministry related property and casualty insurance, has an Account Executive position open to service accounts along the Front Range of Colorado. The person filling this position
can live anywhere in the greater Denver or Colorado Springs areas and work from home. Salary is commensurate with experience.
POSITION TITLE: Account Executive
REPORTS TO: Agency Principal
Responsible to provide high quality, efficient customer service while developing growth and building relationships with larger church and ministry related clients that have complex insurance coverage needs. Responsible to provide support and meet all needs
of the agency principal/producer according to the position responsibilities outlined below. Will be asked to manage and achieve required results for special projects.
- Manage, monitor, and develop growth of the assigned book of business.
- Manage and achieve required results for special projects.
- Review and maintain the knowledge needed to stay current on insurance coverage and forms relating to church and ministry insurance products.
- Provide detailed responses to customers and co-workers by phone, e-mail, or fax regarding policy status, billing problems, and coverage questions.
- Communicate with insurance company representatives and develop effective relationships with insurance markets, knowing which markets to use for certain risks.
- Generate customer requests for quotes, changes, surveys, and audits.
- Assist producer with new issues and renewals making sure all policies are issued according to application and changes are made according to policy change requests.
- Analyze contracts to determine proper coverage, and create binders or certificates of insurance for customers needing proof of insurance.
- Initiate loss notices and submit to insurance company claims departments.
- Underwrite and determine needed coverages and premium for all renewals.
- Take a leadership role in the renewal process and produce renewal summaries and insurance checkup forms for clients as necessary.
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to review coverages and build relationships.
- Resolve issues quickly in a manner that’s appropriate for both the client and agency.
- Provide appropriate resources to address client’s risk management needs.
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure compliance with standards and service levels.
- Train other new employees on all responsibilities of this position as requested.
- Demonstrate positive customer service skills, internally and externally, with effective communication, respect, and integrity.
- Maintain complete and accurate client and policy data and documents within the agency systems in accordance with established agency protocol.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to clients, customers, employees, carriers, or as appropriate, other information.
- Associate degree, CIC, or equivalent education.
- Must hold both P&C and L&H agent licenses.
- Must obtain nonresident licenses needed in required states.
- Hold CISR and be willing to obtain CIC designation.
- Be willing to obtain CRM, CPCU or other insurance related designations.
- Six years combined experience in customer service, insurance or related field. Must possess a working knowledge of insurance coverages.
- Must possess good mathematical, communication, multi-task, and people skills
- Must have project management skills
- Must have research and development skills
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate complex concepts both orally and in writing.
- Because the agency’s niche is the church and ministry related market, and because effective service requires a thorough understanding of this market, the customer service agent must be familiar with church operations, and must conduct himself/herself in
a manner that will neither alienate, nor offend, persons within this market niche.
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Adobe computer programs.
- Previous agency experience.
- Experience with agency management computer system and paperless environment.
- Knowledge of insurance underwriting and markets.
- Ability to process insurance quotes and create insurance proposals and summaries.
- When possible, will meet customer expectations by responding to all inquiries received by phone, e-mail or faxing within the same day they were received.
- When possible, will provide binders or certificates of insurance within the same day they were requested.
- When possible, will mail all policies to customers within twenty-four hours of receiving them from the insurance company.
- Submit a claim report received from an insured to the insurance company within twenty-four hours of the first notification.
- Effectively balance a strong client focus with maximizing operational efficiency.
- Take one form of insurance training to improve their knowledge in insurance coverages on an annual basis.
- Produce renewal summaries and insurance check ups for clients as necessary.
- Responsible to research information when assigned specialty insurance coverage projects.
- Manage and achieve results for special projects when assigned.
- Effectively manage/balance multiple and sometimes competing priorities.
- Attend agent training provided by insurance companies as necessary.
- Visit large account customers to build relationships and loyalty with outside contacts.
- When necessary, will train others on the responsibilities of the position.
- Effectively interface with external contacts and agency personnel.
- Work in a self directed manner from a virtual work environment.
Ministry Risk Management reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this position description in any way the agency desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed
by the employee occupying this position. This position description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.”