The Vice President of Human Resources is ultimately responsible for the continuing development and implementation of Cityteam's personnel philosophy and practices as they relate to existing operations and global expansion efforts. The VP of HR will consult with and advise the President, Executive Management teams, City Directors, and Managers regarding current human resource needs, trends and how they relate to Cityteam's personnel policies and procedures. The VP of HR will be well versed in Volunteer, Internship and Learning best practices with the ability to implement throughout the organization. Working in conjunction with other members of the team, the VP of HR will research and document both existing and new policies as they relate to people management. Direct responsibilities include strategic planning, research and application of personnel concepts, strategies and methodologies, labor law updates, benefit and compensation analysis, immigration and strategic planning. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Develop an understanding of the relationship between Cityteam’s platform ministries and our church planting methodology.
- Develop and maintain recruiting and staffing strategies to ensure effective implementation of Cityteam’s Mission Statement and ministry philosophy.
- Be available to mentor/disciple staff, clients and volunteers as appropriate.
- Responsible to analyze and present a Godly perspective on the human (personnel) impact of strategic decisions.
- Develop staffing strategies and organizational structure that best aligns with the budget and resource needs.
- Develop integration strategies that support the client through the Learning Center vocational experience and Internship opportunities.
- Monitor and continue to mentor managers on performance management program.
- Manage the team and all aspects of the various programs within this department using teambuilding strategies.
- Pray regularly for Cityteam staff, clients, and the lost.
- Produce Human Resource budget reflecting needs of branch cities, with input from local areas, and make periodic adjustments and reviews.
- Monitor expenses relative to budget and revenue.
- Participate in budget and approval process at Executive Management team levels.
- Oversee staffing portion of annual budget prep and mid-year revision processes.
Staff Training and Development
- Continue to develop and update training programs for city leadership designed to increase awareness and competency in areas of spiritual leadership, managerial skills, staff development, recruiting, representation, records management, accountability systems, and conflict resolution.
- Ensure implementation and ongoing revision of an extensive new staff orientation program incorporating spiritual commitment, historical overview, organizational structure, development training, benefits, and procedural overview.
- Facilitate periodic teambuilding activities including staff retreats, thanksgiving praise celebration, and group outings.
- Continue to develop and structure a biblical human resources strategy emphasizing the spiritual value of the individual and incorporating spiritual gift discovery, placement in area of giftedness, enhancement of gifting, etc.
- Coordinate recruitment and selection of Executive, Director, and Professional level staff, and act in advisory capacity in the selection of other staff when necessary.
- Coordinate review of all disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Act as consultant for cities on all matters relative to personnel policies and procedures as requested.
- Supervise Human Resources staff and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Model spiritual leadership to Cityteam Human Resources staff.
- Assist in development of new job descriptions, and ensure proper classification and salary ranges are established.
- Facilitate development of internal network to increase communication among cities, departments, and divisions.
- Update and compile documentation of current policies and procedures, with the input of Executive teams and approval of the Board of Trustees.
- Consolidate and circulate ongoing changes in Cityteam policies to local cities.
- Monitor adherence to personnel policy.
- Help the Executive team evaluate the core values and practices in alignment with the Word of God.
- Manage the negotiation process of comprehensive and cost effective benefit solutions.
- Oversee review of various carriers and types of coverage and approve all benefit carrier changes.
- Monitor legal compliance with established guidelines effecting coverage.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of staffing statistics and national trends which might influence selection of benefit package.
- Ensure comprehensive description of Cityteam's benefit package is distributed to new staff in all cities.
- Consult and advise leadership regarding labor law regulations and policies and how they relate to our staffing needs.
- Coordinate annual update of standard salary scale guidelines incorporating regional cost of living ratios.
- Develop international salary guidelines and annual comparative analysis process.
- Review current immigration laws as they relate to Cityteam personnel, make recommendations regarding criteria for green card and visa applications, and coordinate application process.
- Participate in the following:
- Executive Leadership Meetings
- Trustees Executive Committee Meetings
- Quarterly Board Meetings
- Establish and monitor accomplishment of personal goals for support development and direct solicitation.
- Encourage, support, and hold Human Resources staff accountable in fulfilling their personal support responsibilities.
- Represent Cityteam in local, regional, and national personnel organizations.
- Be available to speak in local churches, service clubs, colleges, etc. for the purpose of familiarizing others with the goals, objectives, and programs of Cityteam.
- Develop global recruiting strategy and materials as needed.
- Ensure analysis of existing recruiting mechanisms and incorporate new methods as needed.
- Train, supervise, and mentor recruiting staff.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be multi-task and detail oriented, have good systems knowledge, and strong organizational skills.
- Must have demonstrated people management and interpersonal communication skills, be able to handle conflict resolution, and have a keen desire to serve others.
- Minimum of Bachelors degree in related field required. Additional studies or training in religious studies or counseling field preferred.
- Must have business acumen.
- Executive management experience with labor law or global personnel emphasis preferred.
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Previous supervisory and team management experience required.
- Must have excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to think ahead and move current policies and practices into alignment with the ministry’s future goals.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Benefits & Compensation SpecialistWorldVenture
- Littleton, Colorado
- September 23
International Talent ManagementCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- September 21
Human Resources DirectorAspen Group
- Frankfort, Illinois
- September 7
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...