The elementary principal helps students maximize their potential by partnering with parents through effective communication and by leading faculty and staff toward effectiveness in teaching and spiritual mentoring.
- Recruit, hire and retain faculty with experience and strengths that allow them to be excellent in their assigned roles
- Provide strong, consistent leadership for faculty and other staff personnel
- Challenge, inspire and grow faculty to fulfill LCS expectations
- Evaluate faculty regularly in order to manage professional efficiency and consistency
- Create opportunities for faculty to worship God and to serve others
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents, faculty and administration
- Seek appropriate feedback from parents to ensure quality of education
- Build strong relationships with all constituents
- Ensure the accurate development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Ensure that biblical integration takes place throughout the curriculum
- Make sure that the school meets and/or exceeds the standards set by ACSI, NCA and the State of Michigan
- Manage the elementary school budget effectively
- Establish and maintain a curriculum review cycle
- Continually evaluate curriculum by utilizing vertical teams. Participate in the formation of a strategic plan that is regenerated on a cyclical basis
- Guide teachers and students to use technology to maximize learning.
- Interview, admit and retain students who are a good fit according to admissions policies
- Promote a safe and secure learning environment for all students
- Provide appropriate discipline that encourages students to make wise decisions
- Sets clear objectives and measures
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
- Builds constructive and effective relationships that gains trust and respect
- Inspires and motivates faculty
- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions
- Maintain personal professional qualifications including college degrees and required certifications.
- Model Christlikeness in all relationships.
- Have a deep and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Actively participate in an evangelical local church
- Demonstrates integrity and practices honest, ethical and moral behavior, adhering to the LCS Lifestyle Agreement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience
- Master’s Degree in Education Administration
- 5 years of experience as a Principal preferred
- Balanced Literacy Knowledge/Experience