The Events Area Director’s role, as organizer and facilitator of the Event program, is a key part of the ministry of Wycliffe Associates (WA). This program is often the first exposure that individuals have to the ministry of WA. As Area Director (AD), this position must inform, challenge, and motivate individuals to serve the worldwide needs of Bible translation, through giving, praying, and volunteering in full or part-time ministry.
- Have a personal, maturing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Sense a call to the ministry of Wycliffe Associates and have a genuine caring for all people.
- Demonstrate and exemplify the role of a servant leader.
- A two or four year educational degree or higher is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in event planning and/or fund-raising strategies is desirable.
- Have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Be able to learn/use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Have the ability to work independently, requiring minimal direct supervision.
- Have the proven ability to work with peers, office staff, and management.
- Possess an active, up-to-date driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Have the ability to positively articulate the ministry of Wycliffe Associates and lead others to joyfully participate in Wycliffe Associates’ ministry.
- Have the ability to travel extensively in the Spring and Fall and other times during the year, as required.
- Have no physical lifting limitations, as significant lifting is required.
- Identify all event locations, negotiating pricing, terms, and requirements. With the location’s responsible representative, sign the contract that has resulted from the negotiation process.
- Recruit and train a minimum of 12-15 Team Members per event, including a contact person and a caller.
- Hold 25 Team Meetings and 25 Events each Spring and Fall.
- Must meet all expense guidelines, provide monthly reports, and operate within the assigned expense budget.
- Must meet or exceed the financial objectives for each Event tour.
- Keep all records and files complete and up to date.
- Keep supplies, equipment, and WA van clean and in excellent working order, making sure all maintenance, including the mileage log, is kept up to date.
Wycliffe Associates makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices of the applicant or employee.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Manager of Digital GivingAmerican Bible Society
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Wycliffe Associates is using new technologies and highly skilled people to accelerate Bible Translation faster than our founders ever imagined possible. This includes providing national translators with Translation Acceleration Kits and Online Collaboration Systems to ensure they can communicate in "real time" with translation consultants across the world without interruption.
Worldwide, hundreds of millions of people are still waiting for a Bible to be written in their heart language. Translators are working throughou More...