Operations & Program Director
Salem Media Group is looking for a Full Time Operations and Program Director for our 4 radio stations located in San Antonio, Texas. This person will oversee all aspects of the on-air programming operations of the radio station and will report directly
to the General Manager.
• Provide leadership and oversight in the execution of an excellent on-air sound and image for the station, with a goal of growing and expanding audience engagement and response.
• Ensure compliance with FCC rules and regulations and Salem Media Group policies.
• Be responsible for the recruitment, training, supervision, and scheduling of programming personnel.
• Perform on-air as a station personality either live or via voice tracking.
• Appear at station events/remotes as a friendly “face” of the station when needed.
• Work with station voiceover talent to create and produce station imaging and promos.
• Manage the daily functioning of automated program delivery resulting in a consistent, tight, on-air product. A station sound with minimal if any episodes of dead-air or audio collisions.
• Be organized and able to create systems to accomplish an excellent on-air sound.
• Coordinate digital audio streaming processes including web and app based systems.
• Work with sales and promotions staff for on-air and promotional execution of sales promotions and promotions and marketing of events.
• Work with sales staff on production of commercial spots.
• Work with brokered programming clients on production of their programs.
Several years of experience in radio programming/production/operations management is essential.
• Knowledge of digital automation systems (NextGen and Enco experience a plus).
• Proficient in digital audio editing and production using various software packages.
• Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
• Proficient in computer skills (Windows/PC, Microsoft Office, etc.)
• Ability to solve problems with creativity.
• Ability to understand and program to a conservative listening audience.
• A positive and energetic style, with high integrity, strong work ethic, and ownership of outcomes.
• Possess the ability to work in what will initially be a streamlined operation.
About Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values.
Salem owns and operates 112 radio stations, with 67 stations in the nation’s top 25 top markets – and 30 in the top 10. Each of our radio properties has a full portfolio of broadcast and digital marketing opportunities.
In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet
provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publishing, a leading publisher of Christian themed magazines.