We are looking for a children’s ministry director to serve with a community church in the Kensington section of Philadelphia. This opportunity is for someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of children and their families in a diverse
inner-city neighborhood. The candidate will oversee a team of volunteers who run the children’s program. This position reports directly to the pastor. The candidate should be experienced in leading programs and leading experienced youth workers. While this
position requires raising nearly full support, housing and some financial assistance is provided.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assess, strategize and implement appropriate ministry activities for children
- Oversee after-school program led by college students
- Teach and lead kid’s clubs
- Supervise children’s church and Sunday school
- Coordinate VBS and summer camps
- Serve in urban area
- Option of full- or part-time hours
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- A love and desire to work with children
- Works well with people
- 1-2 years children’s ministry experience, required
- Proficient in scripture
- Ability to raise support
Education and experience
Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Contact David Fuller at email@example.com
- Begin the application at www.infaith.org/iq
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With over 160 field staff serving in 33 states, we use many different ministry methods to achieve
one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States.