Purpose of Position: The purpose of the position is to develop and maintain effective communications strategies that promote timely, effective, inspiring and innovative communications and relationships between the session, church staff, the congregation and visitors. The Communications Coordinator is the Church’s institutional message and image creator and communicator. The ultimate goal is to ensure that all published media reflects the vision, mission and core values of EP Church and to effectively connect people to ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates institutional messages to appeal and connect with internal and external constituents. To be successful, the Communications Coordinator must understand church dynamics and think strategically and proactively about the method and timing of various communication requirements facing the church.
- Assists staff to conceptualize messages for all ministries of the church.
Print, Digital, Multi-Media, and Social Media Messaging
- Manages the timely delivery of the highest quality and cost-effective production materials while managing editorial content and design of materials so that the content and design are consistent with the mission and brand of EP Church.
- Design and produce worship guides, flyers, posters, and other print materials as needed.
- Develop and oversee the brand for EP Church across all media.
- Oversees the selection, hiring and work assigned to contractual or part-time graphic artists hired for specific document productions and web-site content.
- Work closely with Deaconate and church facilities committees and consultants to develop and manage capital and special events campaign communication strategies.
- Oversee and manage the efficient use of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ to communicate to, inspire, and encourage followers.
- Establish and maintain a smart phone app for Annapolis EP Church.
Manage Website Messaging
- Drives day-to-day web site operations and coordinates special projects
- Creates and posts daily content, including alerts, news stories, photographs and videos
- Builds and publishes new pages
- Assists staff in maintaining their pages/portals on the website, including writing content if necessary
- Ensures website quality and user friendliness by organizing and reorganizing information based on internal and external input
- Assists in training staff members in content management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Appropriate degree from an accredited college or university. A minimum of two years working experience preferred in managing comprehensive communication programs. Demonstrated experience in working effectively with diverse teams, strategic communication planning, message development, production, and management of print and digital media, and in media relations. Strong writing skills, ability to multi-task, and to produce quality work on time are important qualities. Experience with wide range of social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. Ability to articulate the mission and vision of EP Church. Proficiency in use of Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, and InDesign. Microsoft Office software required. A willingness to be a team player and have an ‘all hands on deck’ mentality.
The Communications Director shall be a professing Christian adhering to the theology of the Westminster Confession of Faith . The Communications Coordinator is expected to regularly attend worship services at EP with the intent of becoming a member of EP church.* Prior to hiring, the Communications Coordinator must agree to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Scope of Authority:
The Communications Coordinator shall perform his/her duties under the authority and guidance of the Executive Pastor.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Annapolis
EP Church… A Community of God’s people seeking the renewal of Annapolis and the surrounding community as we are moved by the Gospel into a greater devotion to Jesus Christ, Love for His Family, and Service to His World that Christ would be glorified, and that people from every nation, tribe, and tongue would worship and serve the living God. More...