NOW OFFERING SIGN ON BONUSES TO NEW DIESEL TECHS!!
$1,000 sign on bonus to Diesel Techs that have 1-2 years of previously related experience that has been verified.
$2,000 sign on bonus to Diesel Techs that have 2+ years of previously related experience that has been verified.
Are you looking for an opportunity to build a great career with a company where you and your efforts will truly be valued? Join our team at Sapp Bros.! We operate a chain of travel centers stretching from Utah to Pennsylvania, providing our customers with quality products, a clean environment, and a commitment to excellent service. We are currently looking for experienced and hard-working candidates to fill open Diesel Mechanic positions.
In this role, you will service heavy-duty trucks and trailers and will troubleshoot problems and conduct repairs in a thorough and efficient manner. We offer competitive compensation, including benefits and plenty of opportunities for advancement. If you want a great job with a fantastic company, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Diesel Mechanic, you will play a key role in our mission to be the friendliest and cleanest travel center chain in the United States. You will inspect, diagnose, and repair mechanical, electrical, and other defects in our guests’ heavy-duty semi-tractors and trailers, providing a full range of automotive repair and maintenance services.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Ensuring that customer needs are met in a professional, timely, and efficient manner
- Replacing and balancing tires, following established tire dismount and mount procedures
- Repairing or replacing starters, generators, and universal joints
- Adjusting and/or replacing brakes
- Discussing service and repair problems with customers when necessary
- Helping to complete work orders
- Instructing and leading unskilled assistants
- Performing emergency repairs in the field
- Performing minor arc welding
- Ensuring that housekeeping guidelines are followed
- Following all established safety guidelines
- Adhering to established drain plug torque procedures
- Performing additional duties assigned by your manager
As a Diesel Mechanic, you must be reliable and hard working with strong mechanical and technical inclination. You must also be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. It is also important that you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a cooperative attitude, and a willingness to assist others.
Additional qualifications for the position include:
- High school graduate or GED, preferred
- Minimum 1 year of previously related experience
- A combination of training, education, and or experience equivalent to the standards set forth by Sapp Bros service center
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and electrical problems
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Ability to provide proper documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States
- Willingness to undergo a criminal background, credit, and employment reference check
As a Diesel Mechanic with Sapp Bros., you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. We offer opportunities for advancement and competitive compensation that includes a great benefits package.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Two health insurance plans
- Dental Insurance with vision discount
- Life insurance
- Prescription plan
- Profit sharing
- Paid vacation program
- Holiday pay
- Education assistance program
- Payroll direct deposit
- Gasoline and diesel discount of .05 per gallon
- Store and restaurant discount of 10%
- Career Advancement—We promote from within
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Sapp Bros., Inc.
Sapp Bros., Inc. is a collection of 16 full-service, friendly travel centers; primarily located on Interstate-80 from as far west as Salt Lake City, Utah to Clearfield, Pennsylvania in the east. Sapp Bros. is also a leading petroleum wholesale distributor with a robust offering related to refined fuels, lubricants, oil, propane, diesel exhaust fluid, compressed natural gas, kerosene, additives, solvents, and many other associated products, services, and equipment. A history of steady and sustained growth has allowed Sapp Bro More...