House Parents I
Location: Bristow, VA
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: No
House Parents are vital to the structure and function of the residential program. House Parents work closely with Residential Counselors and provide overall guidance and management of the house and children. Ensuring the safety and well-being of both our kids and staff is a top priority.
Basic Qualifications (Both House Parents must meet the qualifications individually)
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; OR actively, continuously pursuing the degree and able to provide evidence of such.
- Five years professional experience with two years in a residential facility.
- At least 21 years old.
- Ability to maintain a stable environment.
- Ability to provide guidance to children in multiple age ranges.
- Ability to supervise, tolerate, and resolve frustrated or strained personal and interpersonal conflicts of residents.
- Must have the awareness to observe, interpret, and respond appropriately to various adolescent behaviors.
- Must be able to exhibit decision making abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of Standards for Interdepartmental Regulation of Children's Residential Facilities is required.
- “Parent” (guide, nurture, discipline, encourage, and counsel) the young men/women under care.
- Responsible as “Team Leader” for assigned residents and Residential Counselors.
- Oversee physical care and training of residents; aid in developing acceptable habits and attitudes of residents.
- Help meet the goals and objectives of any required service plan.
- Have direct responsibility for guidance and supervision of the residents.
- Demonstrate an ability to tolerate and resolve frustrated or strained personal and interpersonal conflicts; always maintaining awareness to observe, interpret, and respond appropriately to various adolescent behaviors.
- Plan, develop, facilitate, and interact with residents during all “floor time” activities inclusive but not limited to various seasonal and off floor time events such as fund raisers, camping, etc.)
- Responsible for the care of residents at all times when on duty.
- Supervisor and oversee daily resident chores and supervise study periods and provide academic assistance.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings to include but not limited to Evaluation Team and Residential Staff meetings.
- Ensure medications are properly stored, administered, and recorded.
- Secure appointments and provide transportation to outside professionals (medical, dental, judicial, job interviews, off-campus employment, off-campus school classes, bank, etc.)
- Report, in writing, (narrative format) daily issues, concerns, progress, and other points of interest in the Daily Log which is passed on to the following shift of staff.
- Maintain a bookkeeping system for resident’s monies.
- Responsible to implement day-to-day routines established within the overall program/model of YFT which is subject to change.
- Influence, negotiate, instruct, coordinate and manage the daily operations of assigned hall/facility.
- Conduct thorough bi-weekly room searches for each resident with particular attention given to contraband and cleanliness.
- Support personally and professional other components of the program; i.e.; Education and Counseling.
- Lead five (Monday-Friday) hall/facility meetings per week.
- Maintain appropriate follow-up with any resident who is employed off-campus to include checking in with the job supervisor, performing random drop-ins at the work site, and reviewing weekly work schedules and pay stubs.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
House ParentProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 27
Female night duty staff personHope House, Inc.
- Marsing, Idaho
- September 24
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Family Teaching Couple (House Parents)The Children's Home
- Amarillo, Texas
- September 14
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Youth for Tomorrow
The mission of Youth For Tomorrow is to provide children and families with the opportunity to focus their lives and develop the confidence, skills, intellectual ability, spiritual insight and moral integrity - each based on Godly principles, resulting in positive changes to the benefit of the child, the family, the community, and the nation. YFT serves boys and girls, individuals and families, and all ages with a continuum of services. Its residential program based in Bristow, VA, continues to be strong and is complimented b More...