Director of Social Media
The Director of Social Media for Salem Media Group in Phoenix will be responsible for managing and growing the Social Media division of the company. This includes the growth of all three radio station social media platforms and the management of client platforms.
The Director of Social Media will be responsible for working with the sales team to help grow the client base from approximately 5 clients to 30+ clients. Growth of the department can lead to the Director hiring additional staff when warranted. Compensation
includes a base salary and commissions on client accounts. This means the position has no ceiling to the amount of income which can be earned.
- Daily management of the social media platforms for all three radio stations. Add additional platforms under your discretion for better presence.
Bonus opportunities exist for measured growth of station platforms.
- Implement a plan for SEO growth for all three stations.
- Work with the Director of Sales to help create the most effective social media materials for the sales team.
- Manage the social media platforms for the existing station clients and assist the sales team with securing additional clients. Platforms and frequency will vary by client.
- Potentially recruit additional hires for building a team when the workload warrants the additional staff.
- Weekly report on station activity and significant growth/reach of posts. Celebrate the wins!
- Monthly report for all clients with monthly stats and cumulative growth.
- Participate in weekly Promotions Meeting with key staff to brainstorm and initiate strategic promotion of station events.
- Collaborate with the Promotions Director and Executive Assistant on artwork for station events and direct marketing eblasts.
- Occasionally there will be a need to help with various website elements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Advertising or related field and 2-3 years’ experience in a related field of work.
- Experience in all major social media platforms.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator as well as basic video editing capabilities preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task are a must.