Position Title: Communications Manager and Executive Assistant
Department: The Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity (CBHD)
Position Summary: The Communications Manager and Executive Assistant provides leadership and management for the communication and marketing activities of The Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity (CBHD), helping to maintain visual design standards, messaging, and ongoing operation of electronic resources, and to strategically encourage growth. The position also provides support for the Executive Director.
Communications & Marketing – Provide leadership and management of all communication and marketing activities of the Center including print and digital assets as well as social media presence, ensuring CBHD brand standards are met by way of visual design and messaging.
- Manage web presence and user interface for all Center websites, including backups, CMS updates for multiple platforms, server side maintenance, and updates to frontend web design
- Oversee budget for all communications and marketing projects
- Manage and implement all Center marketing and communications for events and initiatives, as well as coordinate technology, videography, and photography needs
- Responsible for the production of all primary CBHD communications devices (electronic and print) to the Center’s various constituencies
- Primary responsibility for the overall design of organizational reports, including the annual report
- Establish measurable goals and metrics, prepare marketing reports and analyses including interim progress updates and recommendations for improvements
- Utilize social media platforms and tools to manage and promote social media presence
- Manage overall fulfillment of media and speaking requests
- Serve as primary liaison to TIU Communications & Marketing
Executive Support – Provide administrative support for Executive Director (in collaboration with Office Assistant), including interacting with the TIU Advancement team and donors.
- Supportive of CBHD’s mission and core values, as well as that of TIU, commitment to a Christian lifestyle, and demonstration of character in keeping with biblical models
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- One to two years of marketing, advertising, communications or related work experience
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion
- Proficient in relevant software packages & technology - Adobe Creative Cloud Software (i.e., Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver), MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Apple hardware
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and comfortable managing website content management system; familiarity with Drupal, Wordpress, and/or MediaWiki desired
- Comfort working with server side technology to perform periodic system updates
- Detail oriented, self-starter with effective time management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong discretion in handling confidential information
- Task-oriented, able to successfully handle multiple competing projects, priorities, and deadlines
- Effective and friendly communicator with vendors, constituents, and general public
- Team player
- Critical thinker with innovative mindset for improving ideas, and will pursue excellence on behalf of the Center as well as Trinity in both process and end product
- Digital photography, as well as video and audio editing abilities are a plus
- Previous bioethics training or background is a plus, but is not required
Accountability & Expectations
This position reports to the Executive Director of The Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity.
1. Fast paced Christian bioethics research center
2. Highly professional environment
This is an exempt level position. Normal working hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, but extra hours are required depending on workload. Additional responsibilities may occur on evenings and weekends as required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by his or her supervisor.
CBHD is a Christian bioethics research center at Trinity International University that explores the nexus of biomedicine, biotechnology, and our common humanity. CBHD fosters a distinctly Christian conception of bioethics that is both academically rigorous and broadly accessible. Within a Judeo-Christian Hippocratic framework, we anticipate, interpret, and engage the pressing bioethical issues of our day. As a center of rigorous research, theological and conceptual analysis, charitable critique, and thoughtful engagement, we seek to bring clarity to the complex issues of our day.
Applications for this position may be submitted through the Trinity International University Human Resources Portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=trinityhr.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to:
Michael Sleasman, PhD
Managing Director & Research Scholar
The Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity
Trinity International University
v 847.317.8124 | f 847.317.8101 | e firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Video ProducerChurch Initiative
- Wake Forest, North Carolina
- September 23
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Morning Star Church - Video ProductionVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 6
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4