The editorial assistant position is an entry-level position within the editorial department of CLC Publications. The editorial assistant will work closely with the managing editor and editorial team members to ensure the timely and accurate production of
new books and reprints. In addition to administrative responsibilities, the editorial assistant will also proofread, line edit, and write copy to support to the editorial department. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to work productively, collaboratively
and independently in a fast-paced environment. This position requires flexibility, prioritization skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, the ability to accept constructive criticism and an organized work ethic. The editorial assistant reports
directly to the managing editor. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience required.
- 0 – 2 years of experience in publishing, journalism, communications or editorial related field.
- Proficient working knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience in proofreading and line editing.
- Attention to detail and organized work ethic.
- Previous internship experience strongly preferred.
- One year of office experience a plus.
- Experience using the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition.
- Basic knowledge of InDesign and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and updating the internal ISBN log.
- Registering books with the copyright office.
- Uploading book info into Bowker database.
- Maintaining and updating the internal published books list.
- Creating, maintaining and updating metadata/distribution forms for each book.
- Proofreading e-books.
- Providing reports for e-book sales.
- Sending files to digital conversion partners for e-book conversion.
- Uploading converted e-book files to e-tailers.
- Uploading documents and files to shared drive and maintaining accurate book data on the shared drive.
- Updating and providing reprint files to director of production and printer in a timely fashion.
- Maintaining and updating the rights and permissions list.
- Maintaining and updating a list of changes to backlist title data used in semi-annual mini-catalog.
- Proofreading, line editing, and writing copy for internal and external purposes.
- Updating the house style guide as needed.
- Responding to requests for information regarding writer’s guidelines, submissions, and proposals.
- Processing rights and permissions requests.
- Inserting editorial changes into design program.
- Maintaining hard copy and digital contract files.
- Drafting publishing, royalty and translation agreements as directed.
- Updating publishing schedule.
- Performing other administrative and editorial duties as assigned.
CLC Publications is the English language publishing house for CLC Ministries International. Headquartered in Fort Washington, PA, CLC has published books for the Deeper Christian Life for over 50 years. Our focus has been to publish books by trusted authors
with a clear and timeless message. Some of our better known authors from the past include Watchman Nee, Corrie ten Boom, Amy Carmichael, Andrew Murray and Roy Hession. Today we are also publishing books by well- known authors like Stuart and Jill Briscoe,
Matt Mitchell and Ronnie Martin.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- 401 (K) Retirement Savings Plan
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following in the subject line:
EA POSITION- ATT. MANAGING EDITOR.