The Center Point United Methodist Church of Center Point, Iowa is seeking a person to serve as a Full-time Lay Pastoral Assistant. The Center Point Community is a growing bedroom town of 2,481. The Center Point UMC is a growing young congregation and worship
about 200/250 on Sunday morning. We are in the process of building a new facility in the spring of 2016.
Center Point is located in East Central Iowa along Interstate 380, 10 miles north of Cedar Rapids, which is the second largest city in Iowa. We are a young growing church with solid roots that is striving to reach the lost, forgotten, and least in our community.
Our Purpose Statement is “To Know Jesus and Make Him Known.” We live out our witness through engaging people with the gospel of Jesus Christ, connecting them to the body of Christ, equipping them to become fully formed disciples of Jesus Christ, and sending
them into the world to engage others with the truth of the Gospel.
The Pastoral Assistant will implement a comprehensive program of Christian life development for the 25 – 40 year old, college, career, single, married adults and young families in our community. It is essential that this person be able to connect with young
adults and families on a social and spiritual level, with the intent of coaching them towards Christ-like maturity.
Candidates should demonstrated a mature and growing faith in Jesus Christ. Have at least two to five years of experience in young adult and family ministries. Should have excellent interpersonal skills with strong relationship building mindset, Biblical
teaching and preaching ability. Experience with social media like Facebook, Twitter and others. Must have excellent written, verbal and computer skills to facilitate ministry activities. We are looking for someone who loves Jesus and who loves people.
Our current team is loving, fun, and passionate and if you thrive in a supportive, dynamic, and creative space then this may be a great place for you to serve Christ. Please see the second page for the full job description. Interested candidates should
send their resume, cover letter, testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before
Monday, October 26, 2015. This position starts at
+/- $ 35,000 with a benefit package and housing allowance.
Job Description For Pastoral Assistant At Center Point
United Methodist Church in Center Point, Iowa
General Purpose of Position:
To work in concert with the pastor and staff in order to make disciples for Christ for the transformation of the world. Focus of this position will be primarily on young adults and young families.
Reports to the Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
The Pastoral Assistant will implement a comprehensive program of Christian life development for the 25 – 40 year old, college, career, single, married adults and young families in our community. It is essential that this person be able to connect with
young adults and families on a social and spiritual level, with the intent of coaching them towards Christ-like maturity.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Helps Pastor with worship services, including preaching responsibilities.
- Will rotate/fill in for the Pastor when needed.
- Work closely with the Young Adults and families to develop and encourage their spiritual
growth in Christ.
- Provide guidance and support based on Biblical principles to young adults and families.
- Provide leadership for Young Adult and family trips, retreats and classes.
- Provide church-wide visibility and communication to young adult family activities.
- Identify, develop and implement solutions to strategic needs for young adult and family Ministries.
- Develop “community” with young families.
- Assist Pastor in the management of social media outlets and overall web presence.
- Assist Pastor with New Members classes and Discipleship training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead Young Adult outreach opportunities.
- Participate on church Leadership team.
- Must have vision and the ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement ministry
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated mature and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- Experienced in working and relating to unchurched young adults and families with outreach activities.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- 2-5 years experience in young adult and family ministries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong relationship building mindset.
- Biblical teaching and preaching ability.
- Experience with social media like Facebook, Twitter and others.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and computer skills to facilitate ministry activities.