Department: Student Mobilization
Location: ABWE Headquarters, Harrisburg PA
Job Type: Full-time, Salary, Exempt
Vice President of Mobilization
To make disciples among every people group on earth by sharing the story of hope we have in Jesus Christ, building communities of faith and serving the world with love.
Job Summary/Primary Role:
ABWE’s Student Mobilizer is responsible for the functions of Student Mobilization which exists to mentor future long-term missionaries. The Student Mobilizer is also responsible for promoting short-term mission trips and internships among high school and college students, processing students pursuing service with ABWE and managing student relationships by serving as a mentor to students in important life and ministry decisions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Co-develops, co-leads, and co-directs the programmatic, administrative, and fiscal aspects of the entire high school and college short-term mission program.
• Promotes student mission opportunities by traveling to and presenting at colleges missions conferences, churches, and ministry fairs.
• Establishes and maintains the partnerships ABWE has with Christian colleges/universities and their missions programs.
• Co-plans and co-hosts the annual Student Missions Forum.
• Processes and screens student applications and interviews potential interns/team members.
• Works with missionaries and regional administrators to develop internships and set up placement for approved students.
• Plans, coordinates, and communicates details for student internships/trips from initial contact to the field and back. (Budget, Visas, Plane tickets, Immunizations, Travel Insurance, Deadlines, etc).
• Coaches students in internship/trip preparation and support development
• Receives, records, and processes student support from donors.
• Debriefs with students post-internship/trip and serves as a mentor to students in important life and ministry decisions.
• Evaluates program effectiveness, assesses outcomes, and recommends and implements improved programming to achieve goals.
• Assists in other major Mobilization events.
• Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study.
Minimum Prior Experience Required: 1-3 years of experience in a related field and extensive hands-on knowledge of short term missions including how to develop, organize and promote internships and team trips.
- Familiarity with missions, short-term and long-term, both in practice and principle.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• This position requires roughly 30% travel within the United States including some weekends during the months of September to November and January to March.
• Possible international travel (requires personal support raising).
• Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ.
• Outgoing, energetic personality and ability to engage people in conversation.
• Competency and comfort in a Microsoft Windows environment (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and willingness to learn new software.
• Ability to connect with high school and college students and counsel them through their mission journey.
• Strong public-speaking, interviewing, and writing skills.
• Strong networking and relational skills.
• Organized and deadline oriented.
• Demonstrates consistent follow-through.
• Willingness to travel and work some nights and weekends.
• Demonstrates computer proficiency and is a skilled user of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Self-motivated and takes initiative.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
• The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an employee of ABWE you are an important member of a Christian organization. All staff members are Christian missionaries and are required to participate in chapel services. Because of the nature of our ministry it is absolutely necessary that you possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. All ABWE employees must:
1. Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a Bible believing local church that aligns doctrinally with ABWE.
2. Be able to fully support ABWE's mission, vision, core values, and ministry philosophy.
3. Be a participant in morning staff prayer time.
Dated: September 2015
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: In order to be considered for this position, do not apply through this website. Please send the following items to email@example.com. In the subject line of the email, include your name and the position.
• Resume and cover letter
• One-page testimony including the name of your local church
• Salary requirements
Visit www.abwe.org/jobs for more information.
ABOUT ABWE: ABWE was founded in 1927 as a ministry dedicated to fulfilling the command of Christ by sending out missionaries to take the good news of salvation to the ends of the earth.
Dr. Raphael Thomas, a graduate of Harvard Medical College, heard D.L. Moody challenge students to obey the command of Christ to take the gospel to every ethnic group. He committed his life to that cause and became ABWE’s first missionary.
Through the years, ABWE has partnered with more than 4,000 like-minded, baptistic churches to serve 1,000 missionaries serving in more than 60 countries around the world. Our International Administration and Training Center located near Harrisburg, PA employs close to 100 full-time and part-time staff members.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Assistant Program Director for YouthFellowship House of South Camden
- Camden, New Jersey
- December 2
Children's Pastorsecond baptist church
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- December 2
Entry Level Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Overseas Western Chef & Dining Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (www.abwe.org) -
ABWE is an unaffiliated, independent Baptist missions agency providing like-minded churches with vital services to expedite their Great Commission Ministry. We serve local churches by providing administrative oversight and training for the missionaries that they recommend to us. This includes member care, financial coordination, team building, professional training and general administration.