NorthStar Christian Academy, a non-denominational school, is opening a facility for students in the Fall of 2016 in Alexandria, Minnesota. NorthStar Christian Academy is seeking a Superintendent to lead the way in the mission of truth as the foundation
of all learning.
The purpose of the NorthStar Christian Academy is to train students to independently and critically think, while providing students with the opportunity to embrace a Christ centered Biblical worldview as true and as the foundation for learning. The values
of NorthStar Christian Academy are Trust, Servant Leadership, Love, Unity, and Excellence.
NorthStar Christian Academy will be located in Alexandria, MN approximately 130 miles northwest of Minneapolis and 100 miles southeast of Fargo. Alexandria’s message of “easy to get to, hard to leave” translates well to “easy to love, hard to forget.” This
beautiful community features a landscape lavish with lakes, bustling with business, and rich in the rewards of a friendly atmosphere.
Job Summary and candidate attributes:
- Responsible for overall management of the school including the planning, directing, controlling and evaluation of all operations and functions to develop and maintain an excellent academic program based on Christian values and principles.
- Formulates and interprets policies and procedures; ensures compliance with state and federal regulations; administers a budget and supervises personnel.
- Is a strong and charismatic leader that enjoys and readily connects with students.
- Is an engaging, high energy, effective teacher.
- Is a very effective and persuasive communicator, who can effectively sell ideas.
- Values and enjoys the critical thinking process
- Is a gracious yet powerful apologist.
Essential duties include:
- Develop and maintain all financial systems including budgeting, cash flow analysis, tuition rate setting and reporting that are consistent with standard accounting procedures applicable to Christian Schools and that are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain an annual budgeting process for final approval by the NCA board members. Establish a system for capital budgeting, including the purchase of equipment and building replacement/repair.
- Develop and maintain marketing and public relations programs for the purpose of student recruitment.
- Oversee the fundraising and development programs to meet the needs identified by planning and budgeting processes.
- Direct the business office function according to processes and procedures as established and in compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Direct the financial grant program and scholarship program and process requests according to school policy.
- Direct the continuous improvement of education systems, including curriculum development and staff education subject to NCA board approval. In addition to academic goals, programming will include an emphasis on personal Christian development for students
- Maintain standards necessary to qualify for school accreditation.
- Remain informed about and communicate appropriately trends, legislation and public opinion that impacts school operations and viability.
- Attend professional meetings as are necessary and important to the continued professional growth, and for the improvement of the organization and administration of the school.
- Direct the recruitment process, hiring and firing process and annual review process for all staff subject to NCA board approval.
- Develop personnel and student policies for board review and approval.
- Ensure all staff are teaching the curriculum standards set forth.
- Develop teacher/student/parent programs for regular communication regarding school and student issues, including individual student progress.
- Serve as Chief Executive Officer, a non-voting exoficio member of the NCA Board and will implement and administer all NCA Board actions and directives.
Please refer to the NorthStar Christian Academy web-site at www.nscacademy.org for more information on Values, Statement of Belief and a detailed job description.
For consideration please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resume and Cover letter
- Statement of Faith (Personal Testimony)
- Salary history/expectations
- Minimum of 4 letters of recommendation
Suggested letters of recommendations include 2 work related, 1 education related and 1 religious related