Our fast growing and dynamic non-profit is seeking a full-time creative designer to work on a wide variety of digital and print design projects. The position will serve various departments including Marketing, Donor Relations, Sales, Events, Human Resources and Product Development. The job will create and deliver strategic creative solutions that are on-brand and create results. If you’re interested in making a difference in the world, and have awesome design talents, we’d love for you to be part of our ground-breaking team.
Reports to: Head of Marketing & Product Development
- Help in establishing the brand look and style guide for the organization and it’s various products and services.
- Support the H.R. manager with internal promotional pieces including setting up templates to create a unified look and internal design and signage.
- Participate in the creation of systems for internal workflow and approvals of creative assignments. Create and maintain image and content libraries.
- Provide the website managers with graphic design that will be used on the websites StrongerFamilies.org & Oxygen365.com including banners, buttons and images.
- Assist the email manager with creating graphics for email blasts
- Create memes and other graphics for social media.
- Work with the Director, Communications Associate, and external IT provider in the creation of an updated website for StrongerFamilies.org and new content oriented websites.
- Support sales and operations on projects including sales flyers, collateral, presentations, and swag.
- Assist the Development Director with the creation of annual reports, direct mail pieces and newsletters. Support large fundraising events.
- Work with Product Development Director and Communications Associate to design products in print and digital formats.
- Layout book covers, interiors for books, and other multi-page InDesign documents.
- Communications expertise: Grasp basic concepts of visual and written communications including key message, audience and purpose, and brand personality. This individual should be able to convey ideas and key concepts via strong visual communication design skills, have the ability to edit and clarify graphics created by others into a brand voice, and have confident presentation skills.
- Digital aptitude: Understand the tenets of social networking, and be confident in using digital tools for sharing digital imagery online.
- Print aptitude: Have knowledge of printing & publishing of multiple page documents.
- Strategic thinking: Understand the concepts of Goals, Objectives, Strategies, and Tactics to develop graphic solutions that meet those concepts.
- Interpersonal communications: Able to forge relationships both face-to-face and digitally, and effectively collaborate and work with a variety of team members. Also understands and values collaboration in a creative business environment.
- Results oriented: Willing to take initiative to follow-up on the results and effectiveness of the creative work.
- Portfolio: Must have design samples to share showing both print and digital work. Online portfolio preferred.*
- Experience: Must have at least 3 years design experience working in the field of graphic design in both print and digital formats. Bachelor Degree and/or graphics certification preferred.
- Software knowledge: Must have expertise in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop (image editing), Microsoft Office. Knowledge of video editing software (i.e., Premier), CMS (i.e., WordPress or SquareSpace) and project management software (i.e. Basecamp) a plus but not required.
- Culture fit: Must be in agreement and support Stronger Families Mission and Value statements
**Candidates for Graphics Designer - Please submit on-line graphics portfolio consisting of design samples showing both print and digital work along with your resume and cover letter to Jan Bowe at Jan.Bowe@StrongerFamilies.org.
Please indicate which position you are applying for in your cover letter. Describe your experience/skill set match, why you are interested in working for a faith based/non-profit organization that supports marriage and family, and your salary expectations.
Visit our website at strongerfamilies.org. To learn more about our products and services visit oxygen365.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Board Operator-Denver, COSalem Media Group
- Denver, Colorado
- September 23
We are a Christian faith-based nonprofit organization that provides life-changing marriage and family-life education programs and support services. Our commitment is to help families and individuals build healthy relationships and strong families. Special outreach to wounded/active military, law enforcement, first responder, and low income families.More...