This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Shelter for Life International
Maple Grove, Minnesota, United States
Date Posted: 03/09/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Shelter for Life International, based in Maple Grove, Minnesota, has an opening in the home office for an experienced accountant. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.shelter.org.
Accountant Level Opening
• Prepare month-end and periodic journal entries within accrual and fund balance accounting context related to both international and domestic finances.
• Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations for both international and domestic accounts including proactive management of each account, proposing and booking adjustments as necessary, etc.
• Prepare month-end financial reports from general ledger and exporting to Excel.
• Reconcile bank accounts monthly to general ledger including adjustments.
• Reconcile credit card statement monthly to general ledger including adjustments.
• Prepare quarterly payroll taxes reports, reconcile to general ledger, remit payment to appropriate taxing jurisdictions, and file electronically.
• Book monthly indirect revenue enhancements and cost reductions by project predicated on the terms of the grant agreements.
• Prepare monthly project financial summary reports including analysis.
• Ensure compliance with internal financial policies and procedures.
• Prepare data for 990 reporting and year-end auditing.
• Experience in USAID accounting rules and regulations preferred.
• Email communication and availability for limited meetings.
• Work under the direction of the CEO.
• Minimum B.A. degree in accounting required.
• International accounting experience very much preferred.
• Non-profit and/or non-governmental organization (NGO) experience very much preferred.
• QuickBooks accounting software experience preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Need a team player willing to support ad-hoc requests of various home office and field office managers.