Bible League International serves the under-resourced Church globally through the provision of Bibles, biblical resources, and training to transform lives worldwide through God’s Word.
We are currently seeking an IT Support Specialist in our international headquarters office located in the south Chicago suburb of Crete, IL. This individual will provide technical expertise, guidance, and support to users. In addition, this person will identify, research, and resolve technical problems with PCs, laptops, and network connections and respond to service requests submitted via problem tracking software, telephone calls, e-mail, voice-mail, and verbal requests. Under the guidance of the Systems Administrator, this person will also perform tasks related to supporting the systems and network of the organization.
- Must be a Christian, having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Must also agree with our Statement of Faith and conduct his/herself in a Christ like manner.
- A combination of 3+ years of education and/or IT technical experience related to computer hardware, Microsoft Office software, and networking is required. A+, Net+, or CCNA Certifications preferred.
- A strong background with using and configuring Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8/8.1, and Apple OSX operating systems for a Windows server environment.
- A strong background with using and configuring mobile operating systems such as Apple iOS, Android, Windows Mobile for the enterprise.
- Experience with rebuilding a PC with regard to reloading an operating system, reloading appropriate software, and reloading data files.
- An understanding of Cisco hardware and experience with Cisco firewalls, switches, access points, and IP phones.
- Working knowledge of network connectivity and IP Addressing.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all levels of staff. Must have a customer service focus with a genuine desire to help users.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated with minimum supervision; be highly organized and able to effectively prioritize responsibilities.
- Position requires mobility and agility in office environment to include standing, bending, climbing ladders, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. This position requires more physical activity than most office positions.
- Effective listening skills with positive attitude, trainable and coachable with strong work ethic.
- Ability to work overtime as requested.
- Ability to travel by land and air to other office locations within the USA or internationally as directed by the Technical Services Manager.
Bible League International offers: medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, 401k, paid holidays and Paid Time Off.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
IT Helpdesk TechnicianChildren of the Nations
- Silverdale, Washington
- September 20
Web DeveloperTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- September 14
Software DeveloperChristian Aid Mission
- Charlottesville, Virginia
- September 8
VP of Information TechnologiesSeed Company
- Arlington, Texas
- August 30
Bible League International
Through the support of generous donors, Bible League International is providing people with Bibles they can understand so that they will be brought into fellowship with Jesus Christ and His Church. We do this worldwide by translating, distributing, and engaging people in the Scriptures.More...