Interested candidates must submit a resume with a cover letter, salary history, and salary requirements to:HR@LibertyYouthRanch.org
Are you ready to fully utilize your skills and experience to help grow an organization and make a real difference in the lives of others?
Come join our growing Christian organization with a strong legacy of organizational and financial stability. We provide meaningful, positive change that dramatically impacts the lives of children and families within the southwest Florida community.
Under the direction of the President/CEO, utilize your expertise by providing support for the day-to-day operations of the Residential Care Program. Ensure that services are designed, integrated, and coordinated to achieve maximum effectiveness for each
child. This individual will be detail-oriented and able to maintain thorough clinical files and collect, analyze, and report data outcomes. Strong communication skills combined with a strong passion for the vision, mission, and goals of the Liberty Youth Ranch
are critical to success in this role. Responsible for developing and implementing professional training programs for staff and effectively speaking at various functions promoting the Ranch mission and vision.
Energetic, organized candidate will have a degree in social work or related human services discipline. Prefer licensed professional counselor, social worker, or youth ministry worker with experience in related residential childcare. Must have at least 10
years of experience developing therapeutic or educational programs for children.
Interested candidates must submit a resume with a cover letter, salary history, and salary requirements to: HR@LibertyYouthRanch.org
Due to the volume of applicant submissions, please NO phone calls or third party recruiting agency submittals or inquiries. We regret that we are unable to respond to each applicant. If you are selected to move forward in the process,
we will reach out to you concerning the next step in the process.
JOB DESCRIPTION FORM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Division/Department: RESIDENTIAL CARE
Reports to: President/Chief Executive Officer
Experience Level/Grade: College Degree and Experience at a Children’s Home, Non-profit/Ministry
Schedule: 9:00-5:30 Monday through Friday and “On call” on weeknights and weekends.
Type of position: Full-time, Exempt, Employment conditional upon a 90 day probationary period.
- The Residential Care Director leads the therapeutic team in the screening of all applicants as well as the delivery of all treatment. The Director will insure that the therapy is designed, integrated and coordinated to achieve maximum effectiveness for
- The Residential Care Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the entire Residential Care Program, with particular attention given to the program needs of the Houseparents and their children. This Director will work closely with the other Department
Directors to ensure continuity of all program activities in terms of the vision and mission statements, policies and procedures, staffing patterns, appointments, schedules, and financial obligations.
- The Residential Care Director is the primary caring person for the children/youth in the event of Houseparents absence.
- The Residential Care Director is responsible for coordinating the training for all child care volunteers and Houseparents.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific Residential Care Responsibilities:
- Engages in and supervises the delivery of therapeutic programs by Liberty Youth Ranch counseling and Houseparenting staff.
- Ensures an integrated therapy program is developed for each child and implemented throughout all Liberty Youth Ranch activities.
- Explores and develops ongoing therapeutic initiatives to improve the effectiveness of child therapy and expand the reach and scope of Liberty Youth Ranch into the community.
- Develops and maintains outcome measurement systems that collects, analyzes, and reports data on the on-going effectiveness of the therapeutic programs.
- Develops and implements professional training programs for Houseparents, counselors and staff throughout the year.
- Provides at least formal annual performance reviews for each member of the therapeutic team (counselors, Houseparents, Administrative Residential support staff, etc).
- Is responsible for interviewing staff applicants and with approval from the President /CEO, hires and terminates staff as warranted.
- Establishes qualifications and screens for children who might be accepted into the Ranch as it complies with the Vision and Mission statements.
- Works as a member of the senior leadership team to improve all Liberty Youth Ranch operations and sense of community.
- Oversees the maintenance of the children’s clinical files.
- Manages the Liberty Youth Ranch intake process.
- Develops the Initial Treatment Plans and oversees the development and implementation of the Master Treatment Plans and all Reviews and Progress Notes.
- Attends meetings conducted by DCF (Department of Children and Families) and any other community-based meetings that might be relevant to licensure or other policies/agencies that might affect the therapeutic program at Liberty Youth Ranch.
- Can effectively speak at various functions and conduct/participate in public relations events that promote Liberty Youth Ranch according to its Mission and Vision statements.
- Maintains a supportive posture at all times with Houseparents and counselors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President /CEO.
Specific Program Responsibilities:
- Ensures the accuracy of all policies and procedures on a day-to-day basis, as outlined in the Liberty Youth Ranch Manuals and according to state and federal regulations.
- Coordinates, plans, and supervises all licensing inspections as well as HIPAA standards.
- Oversees the day-to-day schedules of all homes in terms of medical & dental appointments, school functions, Ranch/Farming projects, field trips, church outings, and community events.
- Assists with the development and implementation of disaster and emergency plans (fires, bomb threats, weather, runaways, etc). He/she is a member of the Safety Committee as well.
- Oversees program staffing patterns (reviews vacations, time off, etc) to ensure the Ranch always runs smoothly.
- Oversees and maintains conduct and order from all Liberty Youth Ranch children and Houseparents according to Liberty Youth Ranch Policy and Procedures.
- With the approval of the President/CEO, the Residential Care Director will hire, train, use and/or terminate all child care volunteers according to Liberty Youth Ranch policy.
- Trains all staff on topics such as safety issues, Policies & Procedures and Licensing standards.
- Reports all significant violations of compliance to the President/CEO.
- Ensures everything is in place for a new child coming into the Ranch (transportation to the Ranch, clothes, extra food at the house, etc).
- Conducts weekly staff meetings with and reviews weekly Progress Notes from the Houseparents.
- Oversees on-going Houseparent training (minimum of 40 hours a year).
Qualifications and Experience
- Licensed professional Counselor, Social Worker or related residential child care experience.
- Prefer a Master’s Degree in counseling, social work or a related human services discipline.
- At least 10 years of experience developing therapeutic or educational programs for children.
- Experience with residential care programs for children.
- Capable of providing a vision for the therapeutic programs at Liberty Youth Ranch that will take the programs to a level of service and excellence.
- Demonstrates good managerial and administrative skills.
- Must be willing to be on-call (for emergencies) twenty-four hours a day, when “on duty.”
- Prefer prior experience with running the day-to-day operations of a similar child care facility.
- Willing to do any other Liberty Youth Ranch-related jobs requested by the President/CEO.
Job Specific Requirements
- Pass a Federal background screen, drug screen, drive screen and satisfactory references.
- Mature Christian who is a member and actively involved with a community church.
- Strives to maintain a close daily walk with Christ.
- An astute entrepreneurial manager that leads and inspires by example.
- Excellent character, health and emotional stability.
- Self-motivated and passion for continuous improvement.
- Team player and highly flexible.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize effectively, a self-starter who can find things that need to be done on their own and follow through with the task unsupervised.
- Leaves personal office/work space neat and orderly at the close of business each day.
- Must be able to lift up to twenty-five (25) lbs.
- Microsoft Office – strong proficiency and experience in working with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to use computer word processing and database programs effectively. Able to learn new programs quickly.