This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Englewood, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 03/04/2009
Job Type: Part-Time
Position Summary: The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable as well as performing a variety of routine accounting activities efficiently while promoting and maintaining a strong internal control environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process weekly accounts payable invoices and missionary expense reports and occasional manual payment requests.
• Maintain/update vendor and missionary remittance and payment information.
• Provide customer support to vendors and missionaries.
• Maintain/update accounts payable procedures manual.
• Ensure all requests for payments are properly approved and accurately applied to accounts.
• Ensure missionary account balances are sufficient prior to paying expense reimbursement requests and track unpaid expense reimbursements.
• Monthly reconciliation of headquarters field bank account and various balance sheet accounts to include GL 1300, Prepaid Expenses.
• Monthly analysis, calculation, and allocation of postage and printing charges.
• Maintain all recurring and memorized transactions as it relates to accounts payable. This includes updating amounts, cost center codes, etc.
• Process recurring payments, including annuity and 403(b) payments.
• Maintain and research outstanding check list including resolving suspense items each month.
• Gather 1099 information and maintain W-9 forms for vendors.
• Generate and distribute 1099 forms and form 1096 annually.
• Uphold a high level of professionalism and quality when processing all checks and other correspondence both within and outside Cadence.
• Stay current on updates to applicable technology such as MIP Fund Accounting software and ExpenseWire expense reimbursement system.
• Assist with miscellaneous audit preparation to include creating schedules, running reports, and gathering files for review.
• In addition to the above, any other responsibilities appropriate to the position and not specifically listed in the job description.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Education: High School Diploma required; college degree in accounting or related field preferred
• Experience: At least 2 years previous bookkeeping or accounts payable experience. Nonprofit experience a plus.
• Born again, mature Christian with an affinity for the mission and work of Cadence International.
• Because of the distinctly Christian emphasis of Cadence’s mission work, willing to sign and comply with Cadence International’s Code of Christian Conduct.
• Willing to join departmental staff in periodic prayer times for the needs of the mission and to attend the weekly headquarters chapel held during work hours.
• Ability to exercise considerable discretion in the handling of confidential or sensitive matters.
Specific Skill Requirements
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent written, oral, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Well-organized, with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently within a team environment
• Experience with Sage MIP Fund Accounting preferred.
Send resume to or contact:
Attn: Naomi Abdilla
101 W. Jefferson Ave.
Englewood, CO 80110