This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Englewood, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 03/04/2009
Job Type: Part-Time
The Communications Associate is responsible for managing and directing the organization's internal and external communications. The associate is responsible for implementing the established communication strategies, and serves as a point of contact for internal and external communications. This role is also able to support Design & Media activities such as creative writing, editing, proofing, sending out e-marketing messages, and updating web content.
• Writing, editing, and proofing for brochures, grants, web content, internal and external communications such as Headquarters Update email, Mission News email, and Cadence Connection newsletter
• Acting as the contact for internal and external communications via phone and email
• Overseeing and coordinating the work flow of text for internal and external communications
• Updating office and internet records and maintaining accuracy
• Assisting design staff with projects, including proofreading, checking for errors, or inputting and creating text and graphics into digital projects with web content updates
• Being knowledgeable about internal and departmental operations (computers, office equipment, website, development needs, filing systems) and fielding questions regarding these operations
• Organizing and updating email lists and databases (work with I.T. Department on this)
• Other duties as assigned (some training can be offered if necessary)
• Must be highly computer literate
• Must have extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Mac iWork software
• Knowledge and usability of Mac OSX preferred
• Knowledge of and experience with email marketing programs (i.e. Constant Contact)
• Understanding of the following would be required:
Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), HTML, Web Content editing (including but not limited to Constant Contact, web editing within a CMS)
• Continual interest in learning about and implementing new options and products that will assist in productivity with the ability to learn on your own
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
• Ability to think creatively and problem-solve
• High comfort level with operating office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and other paper binding/cutting equipment
• Ability to take direction well and give direction to other employees as needed
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Born again, mature Christian with an affinity for the mission and work of Cadence International.
• Because of the distinctly Christian emphasis of Cadence’s mission work, willing to sign and comply with Cadence International’s Code of Christian Conduct.
• Team player (i.e. willingness to pitch in on other projects lying outside of job description)
The Communications Associate is supervised by and reports to the Director of Development
Send resume to or contact:
Attn: Naomi Abdilla
101 W. Jefferson Ave.
Englewood, CO 80110