Operation Mobilization USA
JOB TITLE: Regional Development Director - South Eastern United States
TEAM: Global Generosity
REPORTS TO: Director of Partner Relations
JOB STATUS: Full-time
To advance the mission of Operation Mobilization, this position will work in partnership with ministry leaders and qualified donors to secure funding for top priorities.
Contribute to the effectiveness of OM-USA’s national and regional Global Generosity efforts:
- Manage relationships with 100 Major Donors in the SouthEastern United States (qualified and potential) obtained through Development office and through personal networking
- In the first year, raise a minimum of 400K. Increase this amount raised to $1,000,000 annually within 3 years.
- Communicate persuasively OM’s ethos, vision, mission, and priorities
- Work in partnership with OM field staff and OM-USA leadership to achieve funding objectives
- Implement a gift acquisition strategy for prospects and donors capable of annual gifts in excess of $10,000
- Develop donor profiles and plans, set production goals, and utilize an activity calendar to realize revenue objectives
- Meet donor’s stewardship objectives and OM’s funding goals with a servant’s heart
- Create high quality, compelling proposals and stewardship reports in collaboration with field and OM-USA leadership
- Research and network to discover qualified individuals, churches and foundations to fund OM initiatives.
- Identify Planned Giving potential. Work in collaboration with Planned Giving office to educate and provide planned gift opportunities for donors.
Participate in team meetings and/or conference calls that are strategically necessary to accomplish development goals for OM.
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with employees at all levels of OM
- Expand and broaden the major donor, foundation, and church support base of OM USA in the region.
- 1. A committed Christian and in agreement with OM USA Statement of Faith and mission.
- 2. Passionate about OM’s mission to demonstrate and proclaim God’s love through evangelism, church planting, discipleship, literature distribution, and relief and development work.
- 3. Significant Major Donor experience preferred
- 4. 5-7 years significant prior transferable professional experience required
- 5. Demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
- 6. Ability to make an effective presentation and ask for financial partnership.
- 7. Willingness to travel 75-100 days per year within region as well as internationally.
- 8. Capable of effective collaboration in a highly complex organization
- 9. Self starter/ takes initiative
- 10. Strong work ethic and an ability to work independently and solve problems
- 11. Able to handle security sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- 12. Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- 13. Professional personal presentation
- 14. Good oral and written communication skills
- 15. Demonstrated competence in today’s electronic environment and ability to learn Blackbaud computer application.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Operation Mobilization (OM) is a Christian mission organization, inspiring and equipping believers to expand God's kingdom. Over 6,100 missionaries serving in 118 countries (plus an ocean-going ship!). OM has been sharing the life changing gospel in some of the most hard to serve places in the world for 55 years. More...