The Major Gifts Development Officer shall implement the Cityteam major donor development strategy to secure current and deferred major gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations. The Major Gifts Development Officer will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors. He/She will serve as development liaison; support fundraising special projects, and development of initiatives and goal setting.
- Cultivate and add value to current relationships with a portfolio of Cityteam’s existing major donors.
- Solicit and develop relationships with new donors to meet the financial goals of Cityteam Chester.
- Acquire major sponsorships of $2,500 or more for fundraising events.
- Build working relationships and serve as development liaison to churches, service clubs, schools, businesses, vendor partnerships, San Jose headquarters, and advocate philanthropic support.
- Support fundraising strategies, case material statements, and assist the Marketing Department with campaign materials.
- Submit reports on development activities, goals and objectives, budget status, and pipeline prospects.
- Represent Cityteam as a speaker in churches, service clubs, and professional organizations such as The Chamber of Commerce, Christian organizations, and volunteer groups.
- Identify planned giving prospects and work with planned giving staff to follow up.
- Supervise and coordinate grant-writing efforts.
Strategic and Tactical Planning:
- Work with the City Director and the VP of Marketing and Communications to establish a strategic fundraising plan designed to produce the support for Cityteam’s ministries in Chester.
- Assist in developing tactics and communications to strategically position the organization and enhance the image within the community and beyond.
- Foster a development strategy which cultivate awareness of Cityteam client services for major donor acquisition.
- Provide timely and complete reports on all fundraising activities to the City Director as requested.
- Complete staff performance evaluations in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local body of believers.
- Must have a compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam’s Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the Body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must be goal oriented and able to achieve established goals.
- Needs to be people oriented, a good listener, and sensitive to donors’ needs.
- Must be committed to personal stewardship.
- Must have a strong commitment to teaching donors’ stewardship.
- BA or equivalent required, preferably with training in the sales field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Marketing and presentation skills
- Project Management skills
- Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to adapt and respond to various competing priorities
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients
- Ability to adjust and relate to all levels of staff, clients, and peer groups with grace
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Regional Director, MidwestChildren's Hunger Fund
- Homewood, Illinois
- October 27
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...