Salem Media Group is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. Salem Media Group is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
We offer a competitive salary based upon experience and a comprehensive benefit package including paid holidays and paid vacation for full time positions.
We currently have an opening for morning drive time host at KKSP 93.3 FM, The Fish in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Perform on-air as a station personality either live or via voice-tracking.
- Board operations while on air
- Work with sales staff for on-air and promotional execution of sales promotions.
- Follow radio logs, playing commercials/programs/music as scheduled
- Answer hot-line phone calls
- Assist with on-air events coordination
- Interview guests
- Appear at station events/remotes as a friendly “face” of the station.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by management.
- 3 years on-air radio experience
- A strong work ethic and good team player
- Well-read and up to date on current events
- Familiarity with the Evangelical Christian core audience, its issues and concerns
- Career stability
- Professional and personable with a positive and energetic style
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Quick thinking and good under pressure
- Ability to solve problems with creativity
- Quickly and easily develop rapport with guests and clients
- Primary work days Monday – Friday, with some evenings and weekend work required.
- Proficiency with computer software (Windows/PC; Microsoft Office; etc.)
- Experience with NexGen a huge plus