Reporting to the President/Chief Executive Officer of AMG International, the Director of Development is responsible for leading, managing, and executing the development strategies of the ministry. The leader of this function needs to have a passion for Christ,
a genuine affinity for the mission of AMG, a desire to serve others, and seek to advance and fund the organization’s worldwide ministries, by developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy that is based on building and cultivating relationships with
present and future partners, and offering opportunities to these partners to practice their stewardship of the financial resources and other talents that God has entrusted to them. The comprehensive development strategy should address all aspects of donor
partnerships including development of existing donors, acquisition of new donors, development of major donor relationships, grants, legacy gifts, and any other fundraising efforts, setting specific goals and defining strategies to achieve those goals.
- Create and implement the strategic plan for all development activities, action plans, development objectives, and performance which are consistently monitored and measured against the AMG Mission, strategic objectives, and the strategic plan for development
and that result in a growing donor base and growing financial support for the ministries of AMG in accordance with the goals and objectives set forth in the strategic plan.
- Support key leadership in their roles in fund development with research, resources, leads, and any other support that may be needed.
- Consistently and effectively present opportunities for Major Gifts to individuals, corporations, foundations, service organizations, and other financially capable current donors and donor prospects. This includes opportunities to support the ministry through
estate planning gifts.
- Facilitate prospect and current donor research, and match that information with funding needs through appropriate giving opportunities using appropriate database tools and well-defined processes.
- Develop and deepen relationships with existing or potential donors through a variety of communication strategies, including personal visits, church visits, media awareness, and printed and visual materials.
- Ensure that internal controls are in place that provide reasonable assurance that development programs are effective, operations are efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, ethical fundraising practices and compliance requirements
with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures are satisfied.
- Strong, personal commitment to Jesus Christ, to the Great Commission, and to biblical stewardship
- Proactive and willing to initiate actions required to achieve desired results
- Superior organizational skills
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to assess funding needs and develop strategies to meet the needs
- Effective communicator
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed and meet with donors in person
- Experience in successfully developing and executing strategic advancement plans
- Ability to manage in-house and outsourced personnel to achieve desired results
- 5-10 years in non-profit development/fundraising
- Faith-based development/fundraising experience a plus
- CFRE Credential preferred
- Bachelors Degree in related degree program from an accredited college or university
Since it was established in 1942, AMG International’s mission is driven by Jesus’ example of compassionate ministry for the lost in word and deed, and His command to make disciples around the world among every nation, tribe, and language. Supporting the
local church, our fundamental calling as an organization is to encourage, equip, and develop Christ-centered national leaders to advance the Gospel, and transform their communities and nations through the power of the Gospel. We accomplish our mission by enabling
nationals to use strategies that are the most appropriate and effective for their specific contexts. Such strategies may
include leadership development, pastor training, church planting, child and youth development, vocational training, medical care, evangelism through the media, and disaster relief when required.