About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing
the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
- The communications specialist is a marketing/communications professional who assists the Office of University Communications in implementing Seattle Pacific's marketing and communication goals as outlined in the University's strategic plan. Specifically,
this particular communications specialist position works as part of an integrated marketing team to serve the undergraduate admissions efforts.
- Manages and edits etc, the University's award-winning bi-annual magazine for prospective students.
- Works in partnership with graphic designers to implement the conceptual, editorial, graphic, printing, mailing, processes relating to individual assigned Seattle Pacific print communications projects, as needed.
- Assists in developing marketing strategy and implementing marketing plans for undergraduate admissions, usually targeting 14 to 18-year-old students with potential interest in Christian higher education and their families.
- Works with the director of client strategies in University Communications to coordinate assigned projects as indicated on the department's Master Communications Schedule.
- Works with the UC Web Team to develop the SPU web site for prospective students.
- Meets with clients requesting University Communications services; helps determine the nature and scope of a project and how best to fulfill a request within time and budget constraints.
- Arranges for freelance services (videographers, writers, editors, designers, photographers, printers, web developers, etc.) as necessary.
- Works to stay within budget limitations by obtaining and comparing cost estimates to budget parameters.
- Writes and coordinates recruitment focused social media content.
- Bachelor's degree in writing, journalism, English, communications, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- Three years of experience working in a publishing and/or marketing environment, preferably with youth markets.
- An established portfolio of published writing pieces, editing examples, and marketing projects.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and experience in applying them.
- Knowledge of the graphic design field is desirable, but actual production skills are not mandatory.
- Ability to meet deadlines, coordinate several jobs simultaneously, and the ability to work within a team setting.
- Knowledge of copy-editing and Associated Press style.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, email, smart phone, and Internet applications.