The Salvation Army Empire State Division seeks a service-minded Director of Human Resources who will foster a workplace environment consistent with the vision and mission established by The Salvation Army and build relationships with leadership to strategically
and effectively facilitate integration of human resource best practices across the Empire State Division. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a multi-faceted HR system with consistent practices, efficient operations,
and streamlined processes across the organization. S/he will provide evidence of leading successful rollouts of new initiatives in partnership with senior management in various departments, and the ability to forge positive, trusting relationships between
HR professionals and all staff.
Prior knowledge and experience with administering an Affirmative Action Plan is a plus, and a proven track record of monitoring industry standards and trends is required. The ideal candidate will be a creative senior leader and expert in the field of human
resources, bringing knowledge of best practices and a proactive and relational approach to the role. HR experience in a human services nonprofit with a complex multi-site structure is strongly preferred.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Passion for The Salvation Army’s mission, coupled with strong leadership skills.
- A minimum of seven years of progressive experience in human resources, with a minimum of 3 years leading a complex HR department with team specialists in the various HR concentrations.
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent. Professional Certification such as SHRM-SCP, SPHR or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop and successfully implement effective human resource initiatives to achieve and support agency goals.
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local labor laws.
- Proven ability to recruit, develop and retain a highly effective team of HR professionals.
- Ability to relate to and effectively interact with all levels of a highly diverse workforce.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication.
- Team player who can give and take advice and support in order to ensure the fulfillment of The Salvation Army.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem solver and strong collaborator.
- Ability to build trust and respect with a wide variety of stakeholders.
The Salvation Army offers a competitive salary and a robust benefits package. The position will have a car available (either assigned or from the fleet pool). The position finalist will be required to successfully clear full background and reference checks.
The Salvation Army is committed to achieving full and equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume and complete the online application at
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email.
Online applications are preferred, but resumes and cover letters may be mailed to KEES, 3075 Book Road, Suite 103 #9682, Naperville, IL, 60567-9682.
Please do not mail applications by US mail if you have applied online.
Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
KEES is a retained search firm dedicated to providing recruitment services of exceptional quality and strengthening the nonprofit community through professional staffing and leadership solutions.