Patrick Henry Family Services, a growing Christian organization, is looking for a dynamic leader with proven ability to develop and implement a strategic plan for the program areas of its multiple ministries, which will result in outcomes of broadening participation in, and increasing quality of, services provided. An outstanding benefits package is offered which includes paid health, short and long term, and life insurance coverage, as well as a retirement plan. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Title: Chief Program Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Program Officer (CPO) is a broad scope covering all areas of organizational activity except operations and advancement. The CPO is responsible for all mission-furthering programs and ministries of the organization. Plans, directs, and oversees the daily services provided by the organization. Helps to establish and maintains all program policy and procedure, ensures collaboration and coordination of the various programs, and makes sure the organization is in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations and laws. The CPO is responsible for oversight of departmental budgets, policies, objectives, initiatives, staff, and resource management as it relates to the mission of the organization.
Basic/Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the program area, with the goals of increasing reach, broadening participation and increasing quality of services provided.
- Lead the program team, including goals development, coaching, performance assessment, and the identification and filling of skills and capacity gaps.
- Develop and implement scalable mechanisms for encouraging, facilitating and rewarding the work of the program staff and volunteers.
- Identify and recruit key institutional partners who can help us reach our goals.
- Participate in the strategic planning processes, including program budget development and management.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of all client services & related programs.
- Develop and implement scalable mechanisms for monitoring, recording, and evaluation program short and long term efficiency and effectiveness.
Non-Essential Job Duties/Tasks:
- Making presentations to churches, schools, social services, and civic clubs etc. to increase awareness and increase sources for referrals of clients.
Work Contacts/Employees Supervised:
- Communicates with:
- Immediate peers multiple times per day for program matters, client issues, staff questions, policy development and approval, departmental expenditures via meetings, email, and telephone.
- Peers in other departments as needed (monthly at minimum) for marketing and funding matters, joint initiatives, HR questions and other administrative issues via meetings, email, and telephone.
- CEO as needed (weekly at minimum) strategic planning, departmental reporting, staffing issues, community relations, via meetings, email, and telephone.
- Board members as needed via meetings, email, and telephone.
- Vendors on a daily or weekly basis for services and proposals via meetings, email, and telephone.
Decision Making Authority:
- This position develops and recommends the organization's programming structure and direction as well as new initiatives.
- Direct supervision over: Director of Residential Care, Director of Community Based Services, Director of Family Placement Services
- This position proposes the annual budget for each of the three program departments.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
- This position requires little physical effort.
- Includes moderate use and operation of general office related tools, machines, or equipment.
- Includes minimal lifting.
- Indoor office setting, significant time spent sitting/desk/using a computer.
- Extensive travel is required. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Human behavior and social environment, psychology, counseling modalities, social work and case management best practices.
- Licensure & regulative directives and strong understanding of Social Services.
- Child Welfare policies, best practices, and current trends.
- Child development and family dynamics.
- Political and regulatory issues related to residential care facilities.
- Program monitoring, recording, and evaluation techniques and systems.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Advanced critical thinking/reasoning/time management skills.
- Advanced decision making/strategic analysis skills.
- Advanced technological skills: using computers, fax machines, and telephones.
- To plan, create, and implement effective strategies.
- To effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- To organize and prioritize tasks as well as maintain efficient time management.
- To mentor and manage employees.
- To maintain a visionary mindset that is flexible and innovative.
- To oversee conflict management between employees, other members of the organization, and people external to the organization.
- To make informed, objective decisions with integrity.
- To inspire, motivate, and guide others toward goal accomplishment.
- Graduate (Master's Degree, JD, or Ph.D.) (Required)
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Work, a plus.
- Experience leading an organization towards becoming a Child Placing Agency, also a plus.
Required Years of Experience:
- Minimum of seven years in a related position.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Executive DirectorThe Lawrenceville Cooperative Ministry, Inc.
- Lawrenceville, Georgia
- October 6
Accounting ManagerFirst Baptist Church Atlanta
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 3
Patrick Henry Family Services
Our Mission is to provide a continuum of services to children and families at risk that will keep families together and children safe. Our Vision is to be recognized throughout the state, region, and even the nation as a compassionate Christian ministry of the highest quality, and a model for those serving the needs of children and families.More...