Construction Laborer Job Description 8/22/2015
Character requirements - You are required to:
- Be Trustworthy - You give a good day’s work for a day’s pay. You do not steal. You do not gossip.
- Be Congenial - You treat clients, customers of the establishments where we work, fellow workers, and subcontractor employees with respect. You do not cuss and swear.
- Have Integrity - You do what you promise, do what you agree to do, be where you agree to be when you agree to be there.
- Be Dependable You are at work on time with what you need to be safe and productive.
- Be Productive - You plan your work and hone your skills to accomplish the most amount of good quality work in the least amount of time. You are not a slacker.
- Be Team oriented - You work well with others helping them and asking for help so that the crew works safely, dependably, and productively.
Physical requirements – You must be able to:
ü Work in hot weather, cold weather, rainy weather, and snowy weather
ü Walk, climb, lift and carry objects
ü Run a pavement breaker (jackhammer) to break concrete, asphalt, rock, etc.
ü Work in trenches and excavations, dig ditches and move dirt all day with shovels, digging bars, post hole diggers, picks, etc.
ü Backfill and compact trenches and excavations and grade soil and stone to desired elevations
ü Wheel concrete, material, soil, stone and anything else in a wheelbarrow.
ü Strip, clean, and stack concrete form work.
ü Work out of town Monday through Friday as jobs require
ü Lift and carry up to 90#
ü Use hand tools
ü Pound nails, stakes in the ground, fence posts and install fencing
ü Unload trucks, check that all the material on the packing list is received and that it is not damaged
ü Load trucks and make a list of items loaded onto the trucks
ü Work from step ladders and extension ladders and from scaffolding, scissor lifts, and cherry pickers up to 30’ high
ü Measure accurately with a tape measure
ü Drill holes with a drill
ü Cut with a hacksaw, hand saw, or power saw
ü Attach hoses to, prime, and start a water pump
ü Fuel, start, and run a plate compactor and a jumping jack (tamper).
ü Fuel equipment on the jobsite
ü Help others with their work
ü Get things ready for the day’s, work and put things away when the day’s work is completed
ü Get to the job site
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Able to drive a stick shift
Mental requirements - Construction is also mentally demanding work. You will be expected to:
- Understand your assigned task and ask questions until you do
- Plan the task so that you can do it safely including having the proper personal protective equipment, so that you gather the tools and materials needed to accomplish the task productively, and so that you can correctly, complete any paper work required by the task
- Keep track of what you do during the day and record each task and the amount of time you spent on each task legibly on your timesheet each day
- Let the job foreman know of any unsafe conditions, lack of tools or material, or your need of help from others.
- Be willing to submit to pre-employment, random, and for cause drug and alcohol tests.
Experience required: None. This is an entry level position
Pay rate: $15.00 per hour
The bottom line is construction is hard work with low pay and requires smart people of good character, so don’t apply if you are not this kind of person.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Operations Manager -Louisville, KYSalem Media Group
- Louisville, Kentucky
- October 25
Congregational Life & Outreach PastorSprings Community Church
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- October 25
Personal AssistantFamily First Life Tri-State
- West Orange, New Jersey
- October 25
Counselor/Life CoachTrinity Teen Solutions
- powell, Wyoming
- October 24
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22