Under the direction of the Director of Advancement responsible for implementation of a comprehensive plan to tell the story of UGM across a variety of public channels, including developing creative content, story line, writing, editing and photography.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides operational support in assigned areas of the Development Department.
- Directly responsible for:
- The planning and production of monthly newsletter, annual reports, brochures and other marketing materials.
- Providing creative input and maintaining current content on Wed Site and Facebook and other digital-media as needed.
- Assist in Community / Church relations in coordination with the Advancement Department.
- Assist with donor relations as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
- Assist in providing “story personalization” as needed in support of direct mail marketing with vendor.
- Submit all necessary paperwork and reports necessary for month-end and other reporting requirements.
- Attend various Mission functions and meetings as required.
- Maintain a positive, encouraging Christian work atmosphere by demonstrating and training staff in appropriate Customer Service C.A.R.E. standards.
- Committed – performs job with integrity – respects and honors others
- Attentive – models honesty and courtesy to all. Good listener.
- Responsive – Takes responsibility for quality results. Serves effectively.
- Excellent – Seeks to improve performance while providing excellent service.
- Participate in community outreach, fellowship and continued Christian growth.
- Assist with other duties as needed and directed by the Director of Advancement.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent administrative organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Graphic Design Software Adobe Creative Suite and
- Word Press CSS and HTML.
- Working knowledge of social media.
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Valid OR State Driver’s License and able to use own vehicle for occasional business purposes.
- Must agree with Union Gospel Mission of Salem’s Statement of Faith and Standards of Conduct.
Education: BA/BS degree (preferably in Business or Marketing) or equivalent years of experience required.
Experience: Minimum 3 years in development, fundraising, marketing or similar position.