Position: Minister of Youth
This is an exempt position averaging approximately 25 hours per week, recognizing that the demands of ministry necessitate a flexible schedule. The typical workweek for this position will include Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Weekday evening responsibilities and other hours as determined by the needs of the ministry with the approval of the Senior Pastor and Personnel Committee.
II. Staff Relationship
The Minister of Youth is responsible to the Senior Pastor.
- Shall be an active Christian, ascribing to the fundamental beliefs of the Baptist Faith and Message of the Southern Baptist Convention and the Vision, Mission, and Stewardship Statements of the Four Mile Creek Baptist Church Constitution.
- Bachelor’s degree and youth ministry experience required.
IV. Scope of Duties of Minister of Youth
Planning and implementation of a comprehensive youth ministry (grades 6 – 12) through worship, missions, education and activities in support of the mission of Four Mile Creek Baptist Church.
V. Specific Responsibilities
- Reach youth with the Gospel
- Disciple youth into mature followers of Christ
- Send youth into their environments to share Christ with others
- Identify needs and interests of youth within the church and community
- Plan a strategy of reaching, teaching and equipping youth
- Plan and lead a regular weekday evening youth activity and a regular Sunday evening youth activity
- Plan and lead mission, camp, retreat and other similar activities
- Regularly attend and participate in Sunday Morning and other worship services.
- Recruit, train, and direct volunteers in the youth ministry
- Develop and manage an annual budget as well as the upkeep of all equipment used with Youth Ministry.
- Attend and report at quarterly business meetings
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- All other duties as required and assigned by Senior Pastor to fulfill responsibilities as Minister of Youth.
- Salary Range - $23,400 to $32,500.
- Parsonage available at no charge (utilities not included)
- The church will pay costs incurred to participate in youth events (such as registration fees and meals).
Resumes must be submitted no later than September 30, 2015 to:
Youth Minister Search Committee
Four Mile Creek Baptist Church
2950 New Market Road
Henrico, VA 23231
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Seasonal Processing Center Associate - Operation Christmas ChildSamaritan's Purse
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- October 12