This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Administration
Stanwood Foursquare Church
Stanwood, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 04/10/2005
Job Type: Full-Time
The Church Administrator is to be dedicated to furthering the work and witness of the church by applying biblical principles in the administration field. He/she serves in a staff position to advise and assist the church staff. He/she coordinates and facilitates the day-to-day operations and implements activities of the church. Part-time position 25-30 hrs/wk
1. Keep functions of ministries in agreement with all church policies, goals, and schedules and well coordinated with each other.
2. Be a focal point for communication between leaders of those ministries and key leaders of other church ministries.
3. Assist the development of a system to channel new people into appropriate ministries.
4. Coordinate closely with the other ministry leaders in areas where their ministries overlap.
5. Supervise assistants, interns, secretaries, and volunteers as required to carry out ministry.
6. Oversee development and execution of the budget.
7. Supervising the church office staff, custodial staff, and volunteers.
8. Supervising the maintenance and security of buildings, grounds and equipment.
9. Maintaining the church calendar, scheduling the use of facilities, and resolving scheduling conflicts.
10. Provide the capabilities for computer support for all various ministry needs.
11. Keeping an inventory of resources and equipment and facilitating its internal and external use.
12. Maintaining internal communications.
13. Conducting publicity and advertising activities.
14. Maintaining files of official church records and documents.
15. Initiate annual budget preparation. Track budget with department heads throughout the year.
16. Supervise bookkeeper, controller and auditors to maintain good accounting records.
17. Insurance planning/updating/maintenance.
18. Coordination of Weddings and Funerals - misc community/congregational events.
19. Make monthly financial report to appropriate team leaders.
20. Maintain purchase order systems.
21. Provide final authority in any day to day purchases, investment and financial decisions.
22. Negotiate major asset purchases.
23. Coordinate strategic next steps with department plans at every level of
24. Long Range planning (financial, facility, scheduling).
25. Handling counseling, "pastor of the day" calls, communion and baptismal responsibilities when necessary.
26. Benevolent fund authority and determination of need along with a team.
27. Performing other appropriate duties and responsibilities of administratio