This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Stanwood Foursquare Church
Stanwood, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 05/26/2005
Job Type: Full-Time
1. Baccalaureate degree in pastoral ministry.
2. Five years of ministry experience preferably in a multiple staff setting, including educational and/or discipleship ministry experience with adults.
3. Ability to design and implement a total education and ministry experience for adults.
4. Ability to attract, equip and involve a diverse group of lay people in a variety of programs.
5. Ability to develop and equip leaders to design ministry programs.
6. Ability to chart direction and shepherd leadership teams of various ministries.
7. Ability to multiply ministry teams through leadership training, releasing and oversight.
8. Receptive to change.
9. Ability to bring innovation to existing ministries.
10. Qualities of initiation and can self-govern.
11. Ability to relate well to both single and married adults.
12. Ability to relate and work well with pastoral staff.
13. Endorse and support the Statement of Faith of the Foursquare Gospel Church.
14. Evidence a commitment to the Stanwood Foursquare Purpose Statement including vision, values and dreams.
The Ministry Coordinator shall provide and give direction to a complete and integrated program of ministries that equip the saints, including training of lay leaders and attracting the congregation to involvement in the churchs ministries. Her/his ministry will support those of many other ministry leaders. She/he will work closely with them and function as a resource to them and their ministries. The common perspective will often be that of a troubleshooter and catalyst, developing and leading task forces as necessary to carry out ministry responsibilities.
1. Develop and implement a total written Body Life ministries program.
2. Direct adult education program with particular emphasis on recruiting, training and equipping teachers and leaders.
3. Develop and maintain controls on all programs and activities for birth - adult.
4. Create and facilitate a complete Assimilation process including welcoming, follow-up, Foundations, and involvement in small groups.
5. Maintain pastoral contact with individuals, couples and families.
6. Coordinate with evangelism and outreach ministries in areas that may intersect.
7. Serve as a pastoral mentor; provide guidance, accountability, and encouragement to leaders in the mens, womens, youth and childrens ministries.
8. Give pastoral leadership and facilitation to single adults ministry, and give direction to singles programs, including recruiting and meeting regularly with leaders.
9. Give pastoral leadership to mens and womens ministry programs and leaders.
10. Give oversight to the premarital process, including premarital seminars & meetings and other related components.
11. Discernment and development of the Life Groups structure, purpose, and evaluation tools.
12. Recruit and train leaders for Life Groups and one-on-one discipleship ministries.
13. Initiate new ministries as need and leadership personel arises.
14. Oversight of pastoral care including prayer, care-meals, and visitation.
15. Carry out other assignments as directed by the Senior Pastor.
1. Reports to the Senior Pastor.
2. Works with ministry teams.
3. Supervises associates in adult and age-specific ministries.
4. Coordinates with other members of the pastoral staff.