Teach Jr. High and High School English and Journalism courses.
Goal: The teacher shall prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible Christians to the praise and glory of God.
Overview: The teacher shall be a born-again college graduate, Certified or certifiable, who feels called of God to the teaching profession. Other qualifications may be added by the Lanakila Baptist School Board as deemed appropriate.
Responsible to: Principal
Supervises: May supervise student teachers, aides, and volunteers.
Evaluation: Teacher performance will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of professional personnel and this job description.
REQUIRED PERSONAL QUALITIES
The teacher shall:
1. Have received Jesus Christ as his/her personal Savior.
2. Believe that the Bible is God's Word and standard for faith and daily living.
3. Be in whole-hearted agreement with the school's Statement of Faith and Christian philosophy of education.
4. Be a Christian role model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others. This includes being committed to God's Biblical standards for sexual conduct. Luke 6:40.
5. Be an active member in good standing at a local church whose "Statement of Faith" is in complete agreement with that of Lanakila Baptist Church & Schools. (Because Lanakila Baptist Schools is a ministry of Lanakila Baptist Church, full-time faculty are viewed as church staff and thereby required to be active members of Lanakila Baptist Church.)
6. Show by example the importance of Scripture study and memorization, prayer, witnessing, and unity in the Body of Christ.
7. Have the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to "train up a child in the way he should go."
Visit us at www.lanakilabaptist.org