Job Title: Senior Development Representative
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Reports To: Vice President for College Advancement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: This position is accountable for identifying,
cultivating and soliciting support for the College, maintaining a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects, and participating in a donor stewardship plan.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build relationships and secure major gift support for the College through personal visits with a portfolio of donors and prospective donors, including individuals, businesses/corporations, churches, and foundations.
- Communicate the needs of the College, and encourage current or planned gifts to the College annual fund, special funds (i.e. scholarship or project) and the operating endowment.
- Identify potential donors and effectively use available resources for prospect research and giving capacity assessment.
- Work with the Advancement Office staff to help meet established fund development goals of the College and participate in department planning activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and Experience – This position requires:
- A Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university, and two to five years of related experience and/or training – or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of current and planned giving rules and methods.
- Skills and Assets: This position requires the ability to:
- Solicit financial donations from companies or individuals.
- Regularly negotiate gifts and transactions.
- Write proposals.
- Interpret Kuyper policies in situations requiring judgment and persuasion.
- Handle highly sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Use internet software, database software, spreadsheet software and word processing software with confidence.
- Solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Work well independently and in a team setting.
- Provide exemplary service to donors, alumni, employees, and members of the community.
A Senior Development Representative of Kuyper College will join a community that is marked by a commitment and calling to serve Christ and His church. Knowledge of, appreciation for and an ability to integrate a Reformed worldview in stewardship and fundraising
programs at Kuyper College are essential for this position.
Kuyper College is an equal opportunity, non-discriminatory employer, and is committed to diversity within its community.
More information can be found at www.timothygroup.com. Applicants may send their résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.