This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
United Baptist Church-Concord NH
Concord, New Hampshire, United States
Date Posted: 11/02/2005
Job Type: Full-Time
The youth pastor will direct and oversee the youth ministry; educate, minister to and include teens in the ministry of the church and follow up with teen guests.
Talents or Abilities Desired - Demonstrated gifting in youth ministry
Best Personality Traits - Expresser-leader Compassionate Dependable Analytical
Passion For - Ministering to and with teens, with a heart for understanding their special needs and a desire to include this valuable group of people in the ministry of the church
Length of Service Commitment - Two years minimum
ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENTS
1. Doing ministry/preparing for ministry: twelve hours a week
2. Participating in meetings/training: three hours a month
1. Give direction to and oversee the youth ministry.
a. Identify the needs and interests of teens within the church and community.
b. Plan and develop programs for the youth ministry including midweek events.
c. Evaluate existing programs to determine effectiveness.
d. Identify and provide ministry opportunities for teens.
2. Meet monthly with youth ministry leaders to pray and to discuss upcoming events, challenges, solutions and praises. Meet monthly with Board of Christian Education for planning and coordination.
3. Recruit youth workers as needed. Provide training for youth workers as needed.
4. Provide counseling and spiritual direction to teens on an individual basis.
5. Participate in outreach ministry to teens who have visited the church: visits, letters, etc.
6. Lead/oversee Bible study for teens.
7. Plan at least one yearly youth retreat for the purpose of spiritual edification.
8. Visit teens who are hospitalized.
9. Participate in training opportunities yearly, or as presented.
10. Develop the youth ministry budget and track expenditures throughout the year.