This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Child Development Center
Union Gospel Mission's Center of Hope
Dallas, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/13/2005
Job Type: Full-Time
Purpose: To operate a quality and state licensed child-care and development center committed to providing a safe, nurturing environment where children, whose parents are homeless, are cared for while their families are stabilized, made self-supporting and given a new start.
1. A valid Christian testimony.
2. A personal record free of any kind of convictions.
3. A stable job history.
4. Membership in a local church.
5. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
6. Computer literate.
7. Above-average organizational and managerial skills.
8. At least 1 year supervisory experience at a state licensed day-care facility.
9. Bachelors or Masters Degree in child development or related area.
1. Provide supervision and oversight of the child development center.
2. Help in the hiring of staff for child development area.
3. Participate in program development children of all age groups.
4. Evaluate the performance of CDC staff and make recommendations to Center of Hope Director.
5. Lead CDC staff in meeting guidelines for the operation of a certified day care center.
6. Maintain contact with appropriate health and social support agencies charged with medial emergencies, immunizations, and well-child issues.
7. Establish transportation schedules for children going to and from schools.
8. Develop a monthly activities calendar for children of all ages living at the center.
9. Assist in the design and implementation of a spiritual development program for children.
10. Oversee the maintenance of accurate records on day-care center participants.
11. Assist in the coordination of various early childhood education activities and efforts.
12. Provide guidance in the use of volunteer staff and other volunteers in the CDC.
13. Interact with Chaplain/Counselors in working with the residents.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Director.