This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Twin Rocks Friends Camp & Conf. Center
Rockaway Beach, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 10/11/2005
Categories: Sports and Recreation
Job Type: Full-Time
Facilities Director Job Description
Twin Rocks Friends Camp is a Christ-centered camp located on 120 forested acres one block from the beach on the beautiful Oregon coast. The camp has accommodations for 350 persons and serves more than 13,000 individuals each year. (See website at www.twinrocks.org)
Purpose for the Position
The individual who holds this position serves as the camps head of maintenance, and oversees all aspects of camp facility management (in charge of more than 40 buildings on 120 acres).
* Ensure the effective functioning of the camps facilities, providing the camp with buildings and grounds that are attractive, functional, and safe for staff and campers of all ages
* Ensure the effective functioning of the camps vehicles, providing the camp with vehicles that are attractive, functional and safe
* Ensure the effective functioning of the camps utilities, providing the camp with utilities that are functional and safe, and underground wherever possible
* Responsible for successfully hiring and supervising all maintenance and grounds staff
* Responsible for purchasing for the Facilities Department, providing for the maintenance and grounds needs of the camp within budget
* Ensure that the camp operates in a manner that is environmentally-conscious
* Ensure that the camps facilities and grounds are compliant with ACA and OSHA requirements
* Serve on the camps Management Team and attend meetings of the Board of Directors
This person will periodically work in other departments and needs to be open to other duties as assigned. Duties will include food service preparation and clean-up, housekeeping, and guest hosting, among others.
This is a full-time, year-round management position, eligible for the camps full benefit package as outlined in Twin Rocks Personnel Policies. On average, the person in this position will be asked to work 48 hours per week.
Twin Rocks Executive Director
* Attitude of service and a commitment to Twin Rocks Friends Camp and its ministry
* Possess an evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the organizations goals, including a signed agreement with Twin Rocks statement of faith and community responsibilities
* Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and over the phone
* Previous experience working in a maintenance-related job
* Proven abilities in the areas of maintenance and grounds
* Bachelors degree strongly preferred
* Proven ability to successfully supervise employees
* Proven ability to successfully manage a budget
* Ability to undertake "essential responsibilities" above in a timely, friendly, respectful, detail-oriented manner
Skills and Abilities
* Maintain a viable, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and exemplify that relationship in daily life
* Ability to work with other staff in planning logistics and other decision-making
* Self-motivated person who can anticipate the needs of staff and guests
* Ability to handle multiple projects and issues at the same time and yet maintain a positive attitude
* Ability to conduct the regular duties of a maintenance worker and a grounds worker
* Ability to manage a budget
* Ability to supervise a large staff of employees
* Ability to interact extremely well with the public
It is important to be in good physical condition and be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
This position involves working indoors and outdoors, even in inclement weather.
Able to communicate clearly in English with staff, guests and volunteers.
Specific Vocational Preparation
Maintenance, grounds, budgeting, and supervisory skills are necessary.