Teach Every Nation (TEN) is a collaborative Christian education project in the Global South (i.e. countries located in Africa, Asia, and South and Central America) developed and led by internationally acclaimed author and teacher Dr. Bruce Wilkinson. TEN’s mission is to train, disciple, and recruit pastors and church leaders and to strengthen and grow the Christian church in target countries. TEN develops, teaches, and produces culturally competent courses through a variety of education delivery tools, including Simulcast, DVD, Online, and “live” on-site courses. TEN launched its program in September 2013 and has already served thousands of Global South students. TEN is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit private operating foundation.
Do you have the gift for organization, precise review, staying on-task on-time, and persuading others to provide information and help needed to achieve a goal? Are you looking for more experience in a professional office environment and desire to provide your organizational and administrative skills in an innovative, driven, Christ-centered way? TEN is seeking to add an IT Administrative Assistant reporting to the Director of Technology at our Dunwoody office outside Atlanta, Georgia. The IT Administrative Assistant will be responsible for tasks such as: representing TEN organizationally as a front-line and cross-functional team communicator; organizing schedules; coordinating tasks; data-entry, update, and validation; keeping Excel Spreadsheets up-to-date with relevant information; following-up on assigned tasks by due-dates; investigating content to derive pertinent and relevant information or to proof copy; writing content for marketing materials including website copy; validating the correctness of information in various business tracking systems; organizing and maintaining files; placing orders for materials or other needs; returning and receiving phone calls and emails. The successful applicant will be able to take direction, input, and creative criticism in a general office administrative capacity. They will be an excellent communicator for clarity, precision, file cleanliness, and team cohesion in a regularly on-time manner. They have a knack for managing their time wisely and a desire to be a team player in an exciting cutting-edge, educational, business, and mission-centered manner.
- A strong commitment to the Christian mission of Teach Every Nation, along with an interest in Christian education delivery in an international setting. The successful candidate should share the affirmations in the Lausanne Covenant (see http://www.lausanne.org/en/documents/lausanne-covenant.html) and demonstrate a passion for serving Jesus in his/her personal and professional life. TEN’s work regularly includes prayer and worship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Administration, Management Information Systems, or similar required.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience supporting general office administration needs.
- Submission of a writing sample and questionnaire required.
- Knowledge of general business processes, office support, data entry, and communications.
- Skills with the following software packages, concepts, or similar: Microsoft Office Suite, Office365, OneDrive, DropBox (or similar file-sharing tools), strong Microsoft Excel skills, internet-based telephone, Max OS X and/or Windows 7/8.1, some experience with Adobe tools preferred , WordPress, Skype or other video/phone conferencing packages.
- Meticulous attention to detail, gift for catching errors in print files required.
- Ability to follow direction, handle corrections, supports multiple iterations quickly and efficiently.
- Experience supporting multiple departments and individuals preferred with an eye towards organizational administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Business English, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to work cross globally and cross culturally.
- Willingness to learn new topics and self-starter learning approach.
- Tact, diplomacy, competent communication with diverse markets, and the ability to honor confidentiality highly valued.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work positively with others; follow directions of leadership with integrity; desire to learn and function as part of a team.
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including the creative team, executive team, partners, consultants, etc. to establish productive, ongoing relationships.
- Highly competent administratively with the ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment gracefully juggling multiple projects and priorities.
- Not afraid of change and a changing work environment or routine.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures (preferably in an IT environment).
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform functions of the job, but also develops instructions and guidelines for future personal and team reference.
- Self-confidence, adaptability, results oriented, creativity, organizational skills, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of computers and various software packages used for office administration. Preferred candidates will demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, as well as other programs such as Adobe Acrobat and basic Web maintenance. Familiarity with Mac systems preferred; however TEN staff may require help across both Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Administrative responsibilities such as: copy writing and reviewing, proofreading, scheduling, data-entry, meeting minutes, team organization, project management system updates and coordination.
- Provides data entry into systems and validates outputs as well as correctness of such.
- Supports IT project teams and organizational end-users on a variety of issues.
- With training may provide hands-on first level technical support to team.
- Assists in the creation of procedures and best practices for regular business processes using standardized templates.
- Performs a wide variety of administrative functions such as: scheduling appointments, returning phone calls, and takes notes for follow-up.
- Composes memos, transcribes notes, and creates presentations.
- Generates reports, handles multiple projects, and organizes and monitors invoices and expense reports.
- Works with team members to understand current and future requirements.
- Prepares, organizes, updates, and/or maintains documentation pertaining to specification and user documentation. This may include creation of help-screen documentation for regular practices.
- Assists in the creation of content and updates to the TEN website with an eye toward organization and consistency. Works with web design vendors and contractors in execution of updates where required.
- May support IT and other portions of the organization in concert with following-up with external contractors and/or vendors.
- May be assigned as a project team member for additional experience and training.
- Completes assignments involving word processing, including page layouts, charts, and computer graphics utilizing desktop publishing equipment.
- Clerical and administrative duties relating to training and organizational development including scheduling and coordination of training, printing instructional materials, and ensuring employees are kept abreast of training requirements.
- Researches pricing of goods and services. Conducts market research and makes recommendations regarding pricing policies.
- Reviews and catalogs websites according to established research guidelines.
- Performs administrative procedures and maintains documentation.
- Meets with internal and external stakeholders to assess needs with constant vigilance for correct details and accurate delivery to need.
- Answering and responding to both calls and emails on behalf of multiple TEN staff members.
- Innovative and timely work assignment delivery based on input and interfacing from creative team, Executive Team, partners, and others in order to deliver on time.
- Uses consistent naming conventions as applicable, and assists in tracking change needs through projects.
- Interfaces with vendors for follow-ups and answers questions as appropriate.
- Work in a productive, innovative, and professional manner to provide the highest level of service outputs to internal and external clients.
Salary: Competitive with benefits.
Applications accepted until the position is filled. To apply, email cover letter which explains your experience with each job responsibility listed above, faith journey, salary requirements, description how you fit the role, portfolio links (if applicable), and resume with "IT Administrative Assistant" in the subject line to: email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Mobilization AssociateConverge Worldwide
- Orlando, Florida
- December 9
Vice President of CommunicationForum of Christian Leaders
- Lisle, Illinois
- December 8
Missionary-English Teacher in JapanShukugawa Bible Church
- Nishinomiya-shi, Hyogo
- December 7
Accounts Payable & Finance ClerkCityteam
- San Jose, California
- December 7
Needs ProcessorSamaritan Ministries International
- Peoria, Illinois
- December 7
Teach Every Nation, Inc.
Teach Every Nation (TEN) is a global Christian education program that trains and recruits pastors and church leaders to disciple and grow the Christian church in the Global South. TEN works with experienced and locally engaged partner organizations to deliver courses that meet the expressed needs of the people we serve. Financial and in-kind donations to TEN are deductible for federal tax purposes, subject to federal tax law conditions. International ministry leader and award-winning author Dr. Bruce Wilkinson is the founder and President o More...