This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Pastor/Director
Alderwood Community Church
Lynnwood, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 03/16/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Executive Pastor the Childrens Ministry Pastor/Director shall give overall leadership and support to Childrens ministries (birth through 5th grade). Set the direction and spiritual quality of the program through guidance, example and prayer.
Description of Responsibilities and Expectations
The Childrens Pastor/Director will give leadership to the area of Childrens Ministry and is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff.
The Childrens Director will provide leadership and organization to the volunteers in Childrens Ministry.
To meet with the grade school and preschool directors to encourage and help give direction.
Recruits coordinators. Works with directors to recruit new staff for their departments.
Guides both coordinators and teachers to ensure effective Bible teaching.
Supervise selection of all teaching materials and curriculum.
Provides staff education and staff training.
Plan and leads directors in establishment of programs and projects.
Assist in preparing each department budget.
Gives oversight to Vacation Bible School and the leadership.
Meets with and communicates with AWANA Commanders.
General pastoral ministries that will determine 20% of the overall responsibilities.
1. Godly Character- He/She must be a person "Above Reproach" and meet the qualifications of an elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9. He/She also must demonstrate through their speech and conduct a growing, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ that is based on regular times of prayer and study in Gods Word.
2. Superior People Skills- He/She must understand and relate to people well. The candidate needs to be gracious and compassionate and yet is able to be firm, and confront people when needed. The ability to handle conflicts well is important.
3. Proven Leadership Skills- He/She must be able to articulate the vision of the church and get others to follow his/her leadership in implementing the resources of the church to fulfill that vision.
4. Specific Skills Required- The candidate must be gifted with interpersonal and administrative skills.
An excellent manager - Able to manage many tasks and people well. Able to delegate and follow up well.
Strong relational skills - Getting along with people is a must.
An advanced planner - One who plans well in advance, and is not a procrastinator.
A detail oriented person - One who is able to handle many details well.
A person with a passion for excellence especially in the area of childrens ministry programming
5. Education/Experience- A person with at least a bachelors degree and/or experience of at least three years in childrens ministry within a local church context.
6. Theological/Philosophical Alignment- He/She needs to be in agreement with Alderwoods Statement of Faith, Purpose Statement, Strategy and Structure as defined in the Discovering Church Membership Course and the Churchs Constitution.
In addition to all the qualifications and skills mentioned above and keeping in mind the traits of the current Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor. This person must be:
7. A person committed to evangelism- He/She needs to be passionate about seeing the Great Commission carried out.
The Childrens ministry Pastor/Director will report directly to the Executive Pastor.
Range - $50,000 to $60,000. This is a full-time position with salary being determined based on experience.
Full medical insurance (PPO) premiums are paid for by the church.
5% of the base salary will be invested as the candidate directs.
$3,000 per year for books, conferences and miscellaneous expenses
Two weeks; after 5 years: - three weeks; after 10 years: - four weeks
A 50-hour workweek
Continued demonstration of Christ-like character.