This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Websterville Baptist Church
Websterville, Vermont, United States
Date Posted: 10/23/2005
Job Type: Full-Time
Websterville Baptist Church is seeking a full-time pastor with a commitment to God's Word and to people.
It is an independent church with approximately 100 members. We are prayerfully seeking a man of Gods choosing to lead our church family as recently our pastor of 46 years announced his retirement.
We are an independent Baptist church which mixes both contemporary and traditional styles within its worship services and ministries. Some of these ministries include: Sunday services, Websterville Baptist Christian School (pre-school - grade 12), Sunday School classes, small group Bible studies and AWANA clubs for children. We also contribute to the financial support of several missionaries serving around the world.
The pastoral responsibilities include, but are are not limited to the following:
- Giving himself to prayer, study of the Scriptrures and ministry of the Word;
- Edifying the church body with sound Bible teaching;
- Lead and work with other ministry leaders of church and school to foster cooperation and consistency of mission;
- Train and lead the church in evangelizing their community;
- Give direction to leadership teams in each area of the ministry;
- Work with the church boards in the initiation and evaluation of new and existing programs as needs and cultures change;
- Maintain consistancy with the church Constitution and By-Laws, Statement of Faith and Mission Statement;
- Oversee the discipleship, baptism and membership instruction of believers;
- Seek to develop a well-rounded ministry to various age groups;
- Maintain cooperation with other Bible believing churches in the area;
- Be a friend and pastor to the flock through availability and personal contact.