This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Sales
Solo Laboratories, Inc.
Kutztown, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 11/21/2005
Job Type: Full-Time
SOLO LABORATORIES, INC
Position Title: Director of Sales
Location: Kutztown, PA
Department: Executive / Administration
Reports To: President / CEO
Direct Reports: Customer Service, Technical Consultants, Education / Training Representative, Outside Sales Representatives, Corporate Receptionist, Delivery Driver(s)
1. Strategic Planning
2. Market Analysis
3. Product Development
4. Sales Growth
5. Customer Service
6. Sales / Marketing Group Employee Development
Role / Function
The role of the Director of Sales is to provide respectful, constructive and energetic leadership, guided by the objectives of the Company (Solo Laboratories, Inc.), to effectively grow the organization and to ensure its financial strength and operating efficiency.
The Director of Sales is directly accountable to the President/CEO.
The Director of Sales has functional responsibility for the Companys sales and for new product concept generation.
The Director of Sales is responsible for compliance with current governmental regulations which relate to the sales activities of the Company.
The Director of Sales directs, plans, organizes and controls all Company Sales activities to ensure effective implementation.
1. Project / goal coordination with Leadership Team members - the primary function as a key member of the Leadership Team is project planning / collaboration and the formulation of policies and practices that support Sales goals and objectives. The position of Director of Sales works closely with the President / CEO to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Company.
2. Planning - The Director of Sales recommends to the President/CEO, short and long range plans to achieve Sales goals / objectives.
3. Directs - The Director of Sales directs the development of Company Sales initiatives and is responsible for the evaluation and continual improvement of the Sales group.
4. Financial - Works with the Director of Finance & Leadership Team members to establish a reliable Sales budget. Informs Leadership Team members of any Sales issues which will impact their budgets. Develops and implements Sales action plans as needed to improve financial performance and cost-effectiveness.
5. Product Development - Provides the key leadership role in acquiring and detailing customer feedback into a multi user database. (to ensure Customer focus in the design, development, and implementation of new products and services)
6. Communications - Ensures that internal Sales communications are in place and operating effectively. Provides reports and related information as required to the President/CEO, other designated individuals, and appropriate regulatory agencies.
7. Development - Personally involved in the recruitment, hiring and training of Sales group personnel. Views development of Sales personnel as a key responsibility.
Management: Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
Leadership: Ability to lead the Sales staff and participate with non-Sales personnel to achieve Company goals and objectives.
Relationships: Maintains a positive working relationship with the Leadership Team, Board of Directors and Company critical external resources.
Problem Analysis and Problem Resolution: Ability to resolve problems at both a strategic and a functional level.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Work environment involves sitting, standing, domestic travel to key customers / events.
Bachelors degree required.
5 + years experience in Sales required.
Advanced degree / certifications beneficial.
Computer / Sales software proficiencies required.
Five plus years of staff level experience in a Sales / manufacturing environment.
Notation: Compensation is salary + commission. Salary ranges from 25,000 - 50,000. Commission potential: High (50,000 +)