Job Status: Full Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday from 8:45am - 5:00 pm
Hours/week: 40 hours per week
We are looking for a highly motivated Database Developer with an emphasis in Filemaker 11-14. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, is teachable, can learn new tasks quickly, and has a background in Filemaker database development. Although we are a 29-year-old company, we have grown considerably since 2008. We are in need of a capable database developer to help us continue that success.
High Point / 963 is an industry leading, ministry-minded travel resource for churches, missions agencies, Christian schools and para-church organizations. Our goal is to help ministries and churches with logistical aspects of trip planning, save them time and money in the process, and allow them to spend more time making Christ famous.
High Point is a growing company with a great family atmosphere. We are looking for someone who will not only fill a functional job description, but also become a key member of our team.
Duties and Responsibilities The main focus of the Database Developer is to provide assistance to the CEO, and Directors, regarding all aspects of database development. The Developer works in conjunction with our team to develop our proprietary applications to enable our staff to work more efficiently.
- Communicate with CEO and Directors on a vision for our database
- Work to plan and execute a strategy that will achieve that vision
- Development, testing, and implementation of the database
- Work on Instant Web Publishing from Filemaker
- At least one year in a role that included database development
- Proficiency in Filemaker 11-14 strongly preferred
- Understands dataflow in relational databases
- High multitasking skills
- Proficient on a MAC Computer
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
- Good organization and time management
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Able to prioritize tasks well
- Willing to take ownership and lead the process from beginning to end.
- High attention to detail
- High integrity
- Strong work ethic
- A heart to serve others
- Willing to learn and grow with our company
- Ability to work within our team.
- Proactive and willing to take initiative
- This job is not for a certified Filemaker developer. We are looking for someone who can grow with us. Some experience in database development is required.
- Partial health/dental insurance for full-time employees.
- 401K matching program at the end of the first year.
- A company laptop is given to all employees.
- Travel discounts and perks
- Generous time off policy.
- Great working environment.
- Very balanced and family centered office.
**If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Developer” in the subject line.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Web DeveloperTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- October 13
Assistant Technical Services ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Design AssistantSalem Church Products
- Richmond, Virginia
- October 5
Software DeveloperChristian Aid Mission
- Charlottesville, Virginia
- September 8
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
High Point is an industry leading, ministry-minded travel resource for churches, missions agencies, Christian schools and para-church organizations. Our goal is to help ministries and churches with logistical aspects of trip planning, save them time and money in the process, and allow them to spend more time making Christ famous.
High Point is a growing company with a great family atmosphere. We are looking for someone who will not only fill a functional job description, but also become a key member o More...