This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 01/23/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Good News Jail & Prison Ministry has openings for correctional chaplains in several locations across America.
Responsibilities of the Good News Jail & Prison Ministry Chaplain include:
1. Providing comprehensive chaplaincy services to inmates and staff: conducting/scheduling Christian worship services, Bible studies, etc. and performing other pastoral and ministerial functions as appropriate.
2. Facilitating access of volunteers and spiritual advisors for all faith traditions recognized by the facility.
3. Handling emergency and death notifications among inmates and their families.
4. Encouraging and counseling inmates, corrections officers, and other staff.
5. Recruiting, supervising, and training volunteers.
6. Promoting the visibility of the ministry in the community through presentations to community groups, individuals, and local churches.
7. Working with the local church community to acquire both financial and program support for the ministry.
The persons selected must meet the following criteria: a) able to articulate a call to this ministry, b) have a minimum of a bachelors degree in Bible or Theology from an accredited institution of higher learning, c) be ordained, licensed or commissioned for ministry by a church body, and d) have a minimum of six months experience ministering in a correctional setting.